CHAPTER FOURTEEN

STEVE'S POV

I'm feeling a hell of a lot better today than I was a couple days ago, mum and Bucky both made me stay home from school, not that I minded too much because Bucky was looking after me. He was being so gentle and sweet. I just hope he doesn't get the cold I had.
Buck has a doctor's appointment this morning, so I won't see him until the morning break at school. So, my first two classes are kind of boring but my friends always make it entertaining. Clint gets so annoying that the teachers kick him out of both classes but he takes it in his stride by screaming "rock on" with horns in the air both times as he's almost literally pushed out.
I meet Buck at the front of the school, and when his car pulls up, I grin excitedly and wave to him. The second the he's out and the car door is shut, I throw myself at him, getting a laugh out of him as he catches me.
"You saw me last night!" He chuckles, pressing his lips into mine.
"Your point?" I ask, my eyebrows high as I look down at him. He shrugs and nods, getting my point.
"How are you feeling?" He asks, keeping an arm wrapped around me as we head to meet up with our friends.
"I'm fine, Buck." I promise him, kissing the top of his head. "Want to go out for dinner tonight? Just us."
"I'd love to." He grins at me like an excited puppy, which I guess he is.
"I'll pick you up around seven." I tell him, lightly squeezing his ass to see his cheeks flame up. "I'd tell you to look hot, but you always do."
That gets him red to his ears and hiding his face in my arm as we find out friends sitting around a picnic table together. Everyone except Clint which is unusual, he follows Nat around like a lost puppy.
"Where's Clint?" I ask, sitting down on the bench, grunting when Bucky plops himself in my lap happily.
"Could you two get any gayer?" Sam asks, getting a grin from me and a glare from Buck.
"Oh bite me Wilson, we all know you failed to get in Sharon Carter's pants." Bucky retorts, everyone 'ooo's' around the table while Sam glares a little.
"Cool it, both of you." Nat intervenes after the two of us come to a mutual, silent understanding. "Clint was suspended for disrupting class but he kind of had to."
"Why?" I ask, wrapping my arms around Bucky's waist and pulling him closer to me.
"His older brother, is his legal guardian," I knew he had a brother, didn't know about the guardian bit. I really hope Clint gave Nat permission to tell us this. "Well, he's really sick and the doctors don't know if he'll get better."
"What will happen to him if his brother..." Bucky trails off. I can practically feel the worry radiating off my boyfriend, Clint is one of his best friends now.
"Isn't he seventeen? He could live anywhere." I ask, placing my hand over Bucky's and rubbing my thumb over his knuckles.
"No, he was put up two years, he's fifteen." Tony informs us. I'm pretty sure everyone's hearts sink. If he's fifteen, he'll be put in foster care until he's eighteen. "Don't worry guys, I have an idea for if it comes to that."
We all give him confused looks, Nat's mouth is even open slightly. But Tony doesn't elaborate on what he means, no surprises there though, it's Tony, he only plays nice on his terms. Nat is the first to shake off the confusion, and pull out some food. The rest of us follow, each pulling out some food and sharing it around.
Bucky nibbles on a couple cookies but that's about all he eats during our morning break. I scoff down a sandwich that Nat provided for the group. The second the bell rings,new packnuo and head to our classes.
The rest of the school day goes relatively well but it's when Bucky gets a text at lunch time, things go a bit downhill. He won't tell me what's wrong or show me the text but it's playing on his mind. I ask him a couple times but when he starts getting upset, I drop it. He does still promise that our date is on tonight though, and that he should be better by then.
"Hey mum, Buck and I are going out for dinner tonight." I tell her excitedly when I get home, hanging my backpack on the hook at the door.
"Dress nice, go to a nice resturant. I'll give you some money." I think she's more excited than I am about tonight, which makes me chuckle.
"Thanks mum." I hug her tight before going to have a shower.
After my shower, I lay around in my undies, doing my homework until I decide I should get changed. I go for nice jeans, a blue button up and my leather jacket. It takes me forever to find my shoes though, I can't for the life of me remember where I put my high tops. Thankfully, mum comes through and hands them to me, she was buffing them up because they needed some tlc.
"Right, before I give you this money, I have two rules." Mum looks me dead in the eye so I know this is serious business. "Have fun, and use a condom."
"Mum!" I flush from embarrassment, very glad Buck isn't here because he would tease the crap out of me.
"Do you have a condom?" Gosh, sometimes I wish my mum was different.
"Y-yeah, I do." I stutter slightly, feeling awkward telling her this.
"Good, I have plenty to spare if you want more." She places the money in my hand and hides her laugh while I groan from this awkwardness. "Be safe."
"I will." I mutter, tucking the money into my wallet then putting it and my keys with my phone into my pocket. "Bye mum, I might end up and Buck's tonight."
I head out the door, not realising that I wouldn't be back for a few days. I walk down the street, heading to Bucky's place and I decide to take a shortcut across a parking lot and down an alleyway. Out of nowhere, something slams hard into my head and I hit the ground like a sack of potatoes. The last thing I see is the cruel smirk belonging to one Brock Rumlow.