Chapter 22

Heavy breathing and loud thuds echoed in the empty spaces between the homes. she had accomplished in locating Keyhole, after accidentally witnessing him exiting a very...questionable shop, Eightball and was currently in the process in locating her captain who, for some reason, is constantly appearing when she doesn't want him to be, and not there when she does. Dipper searched through every alley, every shopping square and any open store in hopes in finding any form of trace for the rest of her crew and captain. Suddenly she skidded to a stop. She crept diligently to the entrance of the alley she was using as an alternative route and pressed herself against the shaded stones in order to stay hidden from view.

"Another soldier. Why can't I just catch a break!" While she had been searching, Dipper took notice of every red and blue cloaked man armed with guns scanning and searching the crowds, and buildings. So far she had counted about twenty men and they just kept appearing.

"Shit, this is bad, very bad. If I don't find them soon, we'll all be in trouble."

With her body obscured in the shadows, Dipper scanned the multitude of men, women, and children buzzing around the shops with rapidly tearing eyes in search for anyone she could recognize. Her legs started to shake. Her determination to find someone, anyone, was diminishing. She started to repeatedly bang her fist against the hard wall, cutting into her pale knuckles and causing them to bleed.

"Shit!"

Dipper leaned against the wall and slid down. She let out a slow and breathy sigh while pulling up a knee and resting her forehead against it. She closed her eyes and tried to relax her muscles and mind.

"Ok Dipper," She started to whisper to herself, something she did when she was getting too...overworked. Doing this assisted in clearing her mind and to think logically. This tended to happen from time to time and Dipper found that this method had more results. "Think. Where would Bill go to unwind?" 'It has to be somewhere private. Someplace that would allow him to get in and out without being immediately recognized.'

Dipper ran though some suggestions that might have seemed plausible. 

'Let's see, the bar? No, too many people. Guards can access and scan the vicinity very easily. The weaponry shop? Nah, he already has way too many on the ship and one on his person all the time. Ugh, come on come on! If I were Bill, where would I go?'

Dipper tightly furrowed her brows together, pressing her brain to rapidly spin through any and every idea possible. Then, when all hope seemed to be bleak, a realization came over Dipper and her head shot up. A big grin came over her while hazel eyes beamed in the dark of the shadows, the shine from shattered bottles sparkled in those light colored irises.

'That's it!!' 

She shot up from her seated position, stumbling slightly before quickly melting into the crowd, her wounded hand being momentarily forgotten. The twists of her slender limbs allowed her to swiftly as well as effortlessly maneuver in between the gaps of passersby, leaving only an inch of a gap between her and them. With addition of that, she stayed low to the ground, thus escaping the watching eye of any nearby enemies. Turn after turn, Dipper had efficiently traveled from the market square to the red light district located on the opposite side of town in less than fifteen minutes when it would have taken almost an hour by a normal walking pace. People of all backgrounds came here, so no one would find it strange if a nicely dressed, blond and black haired man came for a little fun.

Many men and women loitered around outside the brightly lit buildings, either gender waiting to drag any lonely and horney individuals into the arms of an intense night of pleasure. Dressed in skimpy outfits, they used every tactic in the book of seduction to invite anyone in their harems, so you better believe when a panicked and stressed out teenaged girl paraded through the streets, both male and female counterparts tried luring her in as well.