Old Me

Jennie wore her back pack and headed to the training room. The cheer dance team is having its last rehearsal before the nationals but no one of them knows that a lot is awaiting. Jennie entered the room and greeted everyone with a pale face.

"What's with that face?" Rosé asked.

"I'm fine" Jennie shrugged "we should start rehearsing"

"But Chaeyoung isn't here yet" Rosé said.

"We're starting without her. She'll join us when possible" Jennie said as she took the centre position.

"You're taking her spot" Mina said.

"I'm not TAKING her spot I'm just replacing her until she comes back" Jennie raised her voice showing angriness.

"What's wrong with you?" Jeongyeon asked "you can't just throw tantrums at us like that without explaining"

"I don't have answers" Jennie said then pointed "she does"

All the girls including Suzy turned to where Jennie pointed to find themselves looking at Jihyo.

"What else did she do?" Suzy asked.

"As I said I don't have answers. Actually I myself have a question. Why is Chaeyoung absent while this traitor is hanging around us" Jennie gritted her teeth.

"You know that she brought me back" Jihyo said.

"But what did you do in return?" Jennie grabbed her from the collar "you flipped the world over her head"

"Leave her alone jennie-ah" Chaeyoung interrupted them.

"Chaeyoung-ah! What are you doing here?" Jennie ran to Chaeyoung "are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine and I'd like to have a couple of words with Jihyo"

"Aren't you joining us?" Rosé asked.

"No, my dad and Kai were involved in an accident and they're in bad state so I have to go back to the hospital" Chaeyoung faked a smile "sorry for interrupting coach!"

Chaeyoung gave Jihyo a come with me look as they both left the training room. Chaeyoung didn't look mad at Jihyo but she seemed to have a lot of things to tell her about.

"What is it?" Jihyo asked.

"Since you don't look concerned, I bet you don't know what did your father do to my family"

"What are you talking about?" Jihyo wondered.

"He shot Kai and dad" Chaeyoung waited for Jihyo's reaction.

"I'm sorry" Jihyo lowered her head.

"Is that all you have to say?" Chaeyoung felt surprised "my dad and brother are in a terrible state but you're just saying sorry"

"It's expected, he's a mafia guy and he does anything he wants"

"Now I understand , so you took after him" Chaeyoung put her hand on her waist "you're talking to me with a low head but you're no different from your dad. You tried to kill me remember?"

"I apologised. I thought it all went" Jihyo argued.

"Yes, you apologised. Verbally I mean bit you never meant it t. Remember that look you gave me when you heard that Yoongi left me"

"I'm sorry for that"

"You're sorry huh?" Chaeyoung pulled Jihyo's arm "come here" Chaeyoung entered the training room pulling Jihyo "coach! I know this isn't my job but can you keep this psycho out of my club?"

"What again?" Suzy asked.

"We're cheer dancers right? We're not a group of mafia" Chaeyoung yelled showing extreme anger.

"I told you to keep her out Chaeyoung-ah" Jennie flinched.

"This goes for everyone else" Chaeyoung gave the other girls a death glare "I'm sorry but get used to it, the old Chaeyoung is no more"

Chaeyoung roughly let go of Jihyo's hand and made her way out of the room leaving everyone in deep surprise.

"But the old Chaeyoung brought us here" Rosé said.

"Then you're allowed to leave with her because she doesn't exist anymore" Chaeyoung said as she left the room.

"Yah! Chaeyoung-ah" Jennie called following her outside "hey! Stop. What's your problem?"

"Jennie-ah, stay out of this" Chaeyoung warned.

"What is THIS?"

"that girl's father shot Kai and dad" Chaeyoung started to cry "Kai is fine but dad..." Chaeyoung dropped some tears "I don't know what may happen to him"

Jennie was lost for words. She almost jumped out of her skin when she heard the terrifying news. She froze silently as she watched Chaeyoung leaving bitterly. Jennie suddenly made sense. Chaeyoung may not actually come back to the club. Chaeyoung was very against the idea of rehearsing and she wasn't prepared for it. Jennie didn't want to force Chaeyoung to do anything so she simply returned to Suzy.

"Coach!" Jennie walked to Suzy "It's serious, the girl isn't planning to return to the club"

"Don't worry" Suzy shrugged "that loser doesn't  give up easily"

"But she left"

"This is where she wants to be" Suzy said as clapped trying to get the girls' attention.

"B... But---" Jennie muttered.

"Don't worry, I got this" Suzy smiled.