Regret

Chaeyoung felt very worried about Kai and Yoongi. They skipped the geography course to be able to talk about their personal problem. It was lunch time but only Kai came back. He entered the classroom and went to Chaeyoung's table.

"What happened?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Well... I expected him to overreact but he didn't" Kai said "he said that his mother told him once that he has a sibling but she never talked about it again ever since she fell sick"

"Where is he now?" Chaeyoung asked again.

"He went home ... He said he needs some time alone"

"That's a relief" Chaeyoung heaved a sigh "I hope he comes back soon"

Kai explained everything to Chaeyoung. He told her that she needs to give him a break and stop picking fights over ridiculous matters. Kai and Chaeyoung, followed by Jennie, Yugyeom and Hoseok, talked as they walked towards the canteen to have lunch. They all gathered around a table and chit chatted as they ate. It's been a while since they were able to smile like that. Lately, all of them have gone through hard times but it went, or it only lessened. Chaeyoung, who sat facing her friends, watched them as their smiley expressions suddenly faded away and they all looked behind Chaeyoung hinting that someone is standing behind her.

"Chaeyoung-ah" Jennie called barely moving her lips "you have a guest"

Chaeyoung turned to see who was standing behind her and was very surprised to see who she never expected to see. Chaeyoung stood up with a confused face and tried to fake a smile.

"Irene-ah?" Chaeyoung said.

"Can I have a word?" Irene requested.

"I'm listening"

"Not here, not in public" Irene said.

"Alright, let's go outside" Chaeyoung suggested.

"Chaeyoung-ah!" Jennie whispered "are you sure?"

"Don't worry Jennie-ah" Chaeyoung smiled as she told Irene to go outside the canteen with her "so, what do you have to say?"

"Will you forgive me?" Irene lowered her head "will you forgive me if I only apologise?"

"I already did" Chaeyoung smiled "I've already forgiven you Irene-ah"

"How come?"

"You have changed for good so why do I still have to hold a grudge on you"

"How can you tell that I've changed?" Irene asked.

"Because you knew how bad you were and you apologised to Jeongyeon" Chaeyoung patted on her shoulder "and you know the old Irene would never bother to apologise for something she did"

"So Jeongyeon told you" Irene lowered her head.

"Yes, she did" Chaeyoung smiled "Now that everyone forgives you, I think you should turn the page and start a new life"

"There are a lot of people who still hate me"

"Don't worry ... Just ignore them ... I have people who hate me too ... If we keep considering their existence we won't live peacefully" Chaeyoung cheered for Irene "you should walk out there and find your thing Irene-ah ... You have to leave everything behind and enjoy yourself"
______________________________________

Only three weeks are left until the national dance competition. The boys were all nervous practising all the time. They skipped many classes to make more time for practice. Suga who wasn't used to these situations felt a lot of pressure and tried his best not to let his mates down. He was doing a nice job even though he hasn't trained for a long time. He doesn't rest at all even when they have a break, he goes to the restroom and practices secretly.
All the boys laid down on the ground hardly breathing as Taemin told them to have a break. They were panting excessively as if they were in the middle of a battlefield. Suga immediately left the practice room and went to the restroom. He faced the small mirror and started doing a move that he wasn't confident about. Suga doesn't believe in the 'Good ranking' theory, he only knows two options ; either to lose or to win.  Suga was all covered with sweat but he only cared about that annoying move. He stood still for a moment to take a breath but he was interrupted by someone coming in.

"You shouldn't overwork yourself" Youngjae interrupted "we are all doing fine"

"You wish" Yoongi said "I made a lot of mistakes"

"I did too" Youngjae smiled "you think no one will make a mistake? That's impossible, if we are that perfect why compete and perform to a jury panel".

"I still don't know how it feels like and even if it goes wrong, I don't want to be the one who messes it up"

"You're being selfish Yoongi-ah" Youngjae felt sad "we're one team. If a member makes a mistake then it's everyone's fault"

"Exactly, I don't want to be the reason why everyone becomes at fault" Yoongi gritted his teeth then stepped back and heaved a sigh when he realised that he overreacted "my girlfriend was the reason the Cheer Dance team lost, I don't want to be the reason this team loses too"

"We won't lose, don't worry" Youngjae held Yoongi's arms "we'll grab that number one spot for sure this time ... Just believe in us"

Youngjae pulled Yoongi back to the practice room and made him sit with everyone else. He sat besides him so he doesn't make any stupid moves. Youngjae is the group's sweetheart, he doesn't hesitate to help anyone even if he's not asked to. He has always watched how Yoongi changed for good. In fact, Youngjae was the first one to notice Yoongi's skills in composing when he saw him writing during classes. Even though Yoongi was too quiet about himself, he always caught Youngjae's attention which is why the latter always understands him.
______________________________________

Jennie ran towards her classroom while holding a pile of papers that seemed to make her excited. She flew over to Chaeyoung and handed her the papers.

"I found a treasure" Jennie smiled widely.

"A treasure? In a pile of papers? How come?" Chaeyoung grimaced.

"I found somethings about our research  ... I think it has everything were looking for"

"Show me" Chaeyoung said as she grabbed the papers from Jennie's hands. She started looking through them hoping to really find everything they're looking for. Jennie was excited to find such an important resource but she never expected that this research may bring Chaeyoung to tears. Jennie's excitement disappeared with the falling of Chaeyoung's tears. She walked closer to her and bent to talk to her.

"Chaeyoung-ah what's wrong?"  Jennie asked.
Chaeyoung quickly dried her tears and faked a smile in order not to make Jennie worry.

"It's nothing, I just remembered something" Chaeyoung said as she stood up and took the papers "I'll be in the library"

Chaeyoung walked out of the classroom leaving Jennie confused by her sudden act. She headed to the library where she bursted into tears. She placed the papers once again on the table and checked them one more time as she shed tears.

"Please prove me wrong" Chaeyoung whispered to herself then she held a paper and read it "the symptoms of schizophrenia include inappropriate and lack of mood, odd manner of thinking and speaking, social isolation....." Chaeyoung stopped for a moment then asked herself "why does this remind me of her?"