Appa! Hyung! II

Kai's feet kept trembling as he thought of losing his father without being able to talk to him. Tears kept falling from his eyes and he stepped forth unnoticeably trying to go to Mr. Wonyoung's rescue.

"Please, don't!" Kai muttered as he shed some tears.

"Jongin-ah, step back!" Mr. Wonyoung said to Kai who kept walking towards him.

Kai didn't want his father to feel any pain so he kept walking towards him aiming to stop Mr. Park. But Mr. Park isn't someone who stops just because he was asked to.
Kai watched Mr. Park as he pulled the trigger so he immediately jumped in front of Mr. Wonyoung to save his life. Mr. Park didn't hesitate to shoot, he's a criminal after all. Everyone screamed out loud as they heard the gunshot and saw it landing on Kai's chest. Kai immediately dropped unconscious bleeding heavily but Kai wasn't Mr. Park's target. The latter wants to end Mr. Wonyoung's life not Kai's.
Mr. Park didn't budge when he saw Kai falling, he aimed again at Mr. Wonyoung and took a shot at him then immediately disappeared.

"What did you do?" Sehun yelled as he watched Kai and Mr. Wonyoung.

"Appa! Kai-ah" Chaeyoung sobbed as she ran towards them.

"H-hyung!" Yoongi muttered.

Yoongi kept trembling as he watched Mr. Wonyoung struggling with his wound but he almost collapsed when he saw kai wounded and unconsciously bleeding. Yoongi kept muttering as he froze at the the sight of his injured brother. What Yoongi thought about at that time was that he never had a memorable moment with Kai and that's what made him regretful the most. Yoongi couldn't do a thing, he only watched the police invading the place followed by the medics. He watched them as they carried Kai inside the ambulance.
______________________________________

Yoongi sat on the hospital's floor as he permeated his fingers through his hair and looked at the ground. He was lost in thoughts trying to find a positive exit out of this massacre but he couldn't. He only gave up to destiny and laid his back to the wall but then he felt a familiar touch.

"Yoongi-ah!"

Yoongi raised his head and opened his closed eyes to find Yugyeom before his eyes holding his shoulders.

"Yoongi-ah!" Yugyeom whispered to Yoongi again.

"Yugyeom-ah!" Yoongi said with a broken voice "I suddenly remembered that I never told Kai that I love him"

"He knows that" Yugyeom smiled.

"How come?"

"I don't know. He must've known somehow" Yugyeom got closer to Yoongi "you and me have always been enemies, haven't we? Not even a single kind act happened between us but I still know that you don't hate me. Kai does too so don't worry"

"What if he dies?" Yoongi said.

"Stop jinxing, he's going to be alright" Yugyeom smiled "listen to me Vernon came to see you too" Yugyeom said as he pointed to Vernon who's coming towards them "Look! You gave him strength when his mother was in crisis, don't show him that you're weak now"

Yugyeom left to talk to Chaeyoung who was sitting on the other side of the hall and Vernon came to talk to Yoongi.

"Abeoji!" Vernon jokingly called Yoongi. Vernon had always called Yoongi that way because the latter acts like a father towards him.

"Yeah?" Yoongi tried to smile.

"You're strong and Kai is your brother. He's as strong as you" Vernon held Yoongi's hands "I know he's going open his eyes soon"

"I hope so" Yoongi faked a smile.

"Did you call your mother?" Vernon asked.

"No, I called my father" Yoongi said "my mother would die if she knows about this"

"Don't wor-----" Vernon wanted to pay Yoongi back with sweet words but he was interrupted by the door's sound. Everyone gathered around as the doctor came out of the surgery room.

"How's he?" Chaeyoung asked the doctor.

"The operation was successful but he needs to rest"

"Oh my god! That's a relief" Chaeyoung smiled "can we see him?"

"He asked to see his brother" the doctor said "please keep it short ... He's very tired"

"I told you he's going to be okay" Yugyeom said to Yoongi.

"Go in. He wants to see you" Vernon smiled.

Yoongi reluctantly walked towards Kai's room thinking about why would the latter want to see him. Yoongi developed a phobia from visiting sick people's rooms. The last time he did, Vernon's mother passed away that's why Yoongi was scared of seeing Kai. He slowly entered the room trying not to make noise but found Kai wide awake waiting for him.

"You came!" Kai tried to smile.

"Are you okay?" Yoongi asked in a low voice.

"As okay as someone who's been shot in the chest" Kai joked.

"I'll be waiting outside then, the others want to see you too" Yoongi turned to leave.

"Gomapta" Kai said making Yoongi stop.

"For what?"

"I heard you calling me hyung" Kai smiled "I forgot the pain at that moment"