30

" she doesn't want to take the hint. Seriously ma! I just wish you two were married already! This cunt will take it right in her stupid head that mom already belong to you! I means yeah she does but if you were married it will be so different you know."

I looked up to Elisa our eyes met briefly hers teary before she divert her gaze to the window looking outside pensively for a moment holding herself.

she drank the remaining of her milk in one motion like you'll drink tequila, turned her back to me to rinse the cup in the sink and put it aside to let it dry.

I could tell that she was not only annoyed but also frightened to lose her mother and our family to this situation.

She always bugged me with this marriage thing like she's afraid that Donna will go away.

I walked to her, took her arms and tried to turn her to look at me, she resisted me turning her head to the other side.

I looked at her face which was so fragile. I hold her firmly and turned her around before lifting her chin with my finger, she looked at me we glassy-eyed her arms still crossed.

My eyes widened a bit, I looked at her thinking how I could handle this, the thing is that she looked so much like her mother when she's upset now, that it hurt to see her like that.

I stroke her cheek with my thumbs looking at her with all the love that I could put in it to show her that I care.

"Now where is that pretty smile that was on you'll beautiful face a minute ago hmm? We won't let that woman destroy wonderful day for us right? Now pleaseee smile for me?"

A teardrop escaped her left eye and rolled down her cheek but I kissed it away like lingering on her face spreading kisses all over before looking at her.

She cracked a small smile making me kissed her forehead for a long time. I put my hand around her and hugged her tightly.

"That's my girl! AND don't you worry okay my love!? Mom is going nowhere and what we have is more than any paper that man can sign okay!"

She lifted her head with pleading eyes, tried to speak but I shushed her with my finger wriggling my eyebrows.

" Eventually we will get one so don't worry okay? You do something for us and be happy my love!? Hmm"

She giggled in agreement hugging me tight.

"Ma! when will it be?" I looked at her sternly she shook her head still playfully

" Okay! Okay I'll be happy! But we're waiting for this day where we can dance, and lay with our foot up eating popcorn."

We laughed to her silliness, I kissed her head one more time before letting go.

"Can I start the car mommy please you know that I can Mom let me do that every time" she pleaded making a face that I couldn't resist.

"Okay princess let's go! Do that I'm coming. But..."

She stopped on her track her eyebrows furrowed.

"But promise me to use a better language when speaking. I don't want to hear that kind of vocabulary you use minutes ago! Promise?"

She linked our pinkies fingers something their mother taught them, hugged me nodding and left.

I wrote a note before pasting it to the fridge for Donna to let her know where we go before heading out.

I get out of the house closing it behind me and got in my red SUV that Elisa heated, after settling in, I started the engine then she turned on the playlist that her mother set in all our cars and started singing it minutes later I have to follow because some of those song brought happy memories every time and some are just my favorite.

We sang all the way to the biggest mall of the Town, General Store, Elisa face lit up when she saw where I parked she jumped out of the car as sound as I up it off.

"Hey ! Young lady slow down!" I yelled warning her sternly. This girl can be handful whenever she's around a mall and this one in particular.

She stopped and turned around with an annoyed face with a duh 'seriously mommy' face before crossing her arms waiting for me.

Shaking my head with a playful face I took my time to get out of the car and closed it with a bip.

I walked on her level I could tell with the way she moved from one foot to another that she was very eager to get in the mall.
She looked at me with doe eyes that she know always works putting her hands in her back pockets like a model.

"Tell me already Honey" we entered, looking around I noticed that the mall was fairly empty for a Saturday guess it will we be full soon. I looked at her, her face had this glow that always brings a smile to my face.

"Mommy? Can we buy things for Mom an Elena too?" She pleadingly asked.

"Sure honey whatever you want." I approved following her to the first shop.

She smiled rubbing her hands in smug look before giving me a sideways glance her attention clearly elsewhere her eyes sparkling.

"Okay ! I just want to be sure!" I stopped in my track to look at her with piercing eyes making her rose her hands up giggling

"Don't start young lady! I see you coming there, Whatever we buy if your mother say so we will return them. I think we have a deal don't we?"

I reminded her in a duh tone to warn her to not go overboard because with Donna it will not sit well and I vowed to stay out of this kind of trouble.

The last time we had to return half of the items because her ' mother' didn't want her children to be some brats who don't know the value of money pointing in the process how I succeeded with their siblings. We had a big fight over it but I honestly had to agree that it was the truth.

I knew and she clarified in the beginning that it wasn't against me, she just want the girl to know that gift don't meant love that there is a lot of way to show it. I can tell that all those years she did a pretty good job, the girls are nothing like their brothers.

But I still got two weeks without sex for doubting her love for me and the kids or even thinking that she could ever hurt me. So yeah shot me for being cautious.

"Sure ma, we have a deal thanks to remind me. But let's find things Mom won't return, I'll just cross my finger and pray. You coming?" Taking my hand she dragged me through the alley.