chapter two

" You are right Lou, I'm one hundred and fifty percent with you" my second brother, Francisco, stood for what Lou had previously said.

Turning he searched our father confirmation, who nodded in agreement and coughed to clear his voice.

" I'm more than OK with you Lou, they don't worth any kind of mercy. They are sinful and deserve to simply be eradicate. No wonder that our head of state had called homosexuality " this thing" and for me, things don't deserve to be treat like human. They are just useless and good for nothing, they are just corrupting our world. thankfully, God dispense my family a disease like that." He spoke with his face full of disgust and hatred.

Turning to face me, he softened his voice

"Donna, don't curse yourself by speaking about these things! They don't worth your time! You haven't got your master degree in public law to defend queer in anyway!  I repeat that they don't deserve it!"

To be seating here in front of such an antipathic people without showing any kind of feeling except of a confident one, was mentally draining me, because inside their words and behaviour have all tore apart, leaving a great hole full of pain and a bit defeat.

Staring at my family, faking a smile to them
" You are true dad, it's just that, due to my law years of school, I have developed an occupational habit.  We don't have to condemn someone for things that they can help but feel"

"Bull.." Lou cut me but I put my hand up to keep him quiet.

"Hold on, don't get me wrong, I'm not in one side or another,no! My purpose is to see what is right, And in this case we don't have to  just reject these children, beyond them there are adults who have led them there, school administration has to investigate to find the why..? Because, If they just remove them to the school, they'll then fail to their principal goal, which is rehabilitation not exclusion. I will work there soon, consequently I try my best to understand instead of reject them."

I coldly explained to them, especially to my mom, who appeared to be the secretary general of this deaf school and has, in almost thirty years of experience, been fully respect there, they have always considered her point of view like wise.

She was stroking her cheek gently staring nowhere. She made that  for a while and face me shrugging her shoulders in defeat

" Donna's right, we should consider that they are kids and also deaf and dumb. I'll talk to the general manager about that during the next meeting Monday and we will see how to treat this without harming someone".

I stood up heading to my room, dismissing myself to this conversation.

" I'm going, I have some stuff to do"

Arrived in my bedroom, I locked the door and laying in my bed, curling myself up Incapable of crying, it was   like my entire body was empty. Thinking about who I was and what was my goal in this life.

Smiling, I remembered myself that one day I'll likely be free to be truly me, since I've learned that we were safe and sound abroad.

But until further notice, I have to be very careful and keep myself in the closet, 'cause they'll not change as far as I know them.

Hugging my pillow, I thought then that, when Shakespeare had wrote long time ago that the curse of mankind was folly and ignorance.

" He couldn't be more true" I thought that quietly and sight a bit defeat.

Then another question disturbed me, what could I do to fix this? Where could I get a chance to find a job to keep myself out of here? I felt to tired right now and very helpless.

" If someone is there above please I need help to find my way here"

Without knowing I felt asleep, exhaust ed.