23

I don't like it when Kris is outside a this time! Looking at my watch, sighing, I shook my head, now I can not focus on this TV show, it's been three hours that I called Kris and she has not arrived yet! Although I know that a news flash has warned that there is a terrible traffic jam on the main avenue, I can not help but be worried.

I do know that she is a business woman but I already told her that we don't need that much money, we have plenty now, but when it come to money she is so stubborn, she want to provide herself, I do get it, but the woman is so huhhh!

Removing Elena foot on my thigh before kissing her cheeks and forehead, I saw her starring at me with worried.

"I'm coming back princess, you'll tell me what happen after OK?"

"Okay mom, but don't be long, if you do I will have to tape it so we can see it another day"

She said that looking me directly with a smile that never fail to amaze me how she is just the exact replica of her mommy.

"Deal princess, but.."

Looking at her with mischief, she started backing out knowing what I want to do

" No! No!Noooo, aaaah..."

Before she could escape I started tickling her, in a matter of second the living room filled with her beautiful laughs.

" Mommm! Aaahh ! Godddd stopppp pleeaase!!!"

I straddled her blocking her between my thigh, I love to see my children eyes glowing carefreely.

Yes! they are also my daughters now for four years. After having finalized the process of nationalization, both American and French, for me and the children, we started the adoption procedure which went well, now Kris and I both have the same rights on it the girls. No one can take them away from me if she's it around.

"Ok, I'll let you alone but you do what I tell you huh? "

I said playfully with my hand still on her stomach looking right in her eyes.

She continued laughing for a long time like I was still tickling her making me and Elisa laugh looking at her, like seriously what is this?

"You two can be silly sometimes you know that right!" Elisa said shaking her head from side to side in disbelief.

" Yeah you want to test that silliness baby? Huh? "

I said with my hand up about to jump on her.

" Noo! No! Stay where you are mom, I'm okay...!" She said running to the other side of the room laughing.

Looking down at my nine years old princess on the floor, who always has a big smile on her lips, I started poking her ribs with my fingers while speaking.

" And...you...Missy...what...do... You ...said"

Wriggling in all directions, she tried to catch my hands, without success and gave up.

"Okay momm...OK! OK!" She said catching her breathe.

"That's...what I thought!"

Stroking her cheek, I send her a kiss in the air. With a smug smile, I got up heading to the kitchen, leaving her alone on the floor, from where she rolled toward the television. I raised my eyebrows seeing that but shrugged.

As long as she does it on the carpet, there is no problem.

like always Elisa Followed me, I turned smiling at her, she lifted her shoulder with her hand up still smiling at me.

Chuckling I just shrugged it off taking a bottle of water in the fridge to calm my nerves looking through the window wondering when Chris will be there.

I turned around leaning on the counter taking in my surrounding, I looked at Elisa who was pouring milk in a glass this girl love her milk yeah!

How many seventeen years old still do that?

She lifted her head looking at me

"Mommy will be there soon?"

She looked out worry where the sun was already declining. Putting my own worry aside, I made her a smile.

" Yes princess, she's on her way, don't worry. So what about this project you have in school? You said that I have to help you right?"

I changed the subject to not worry her and keep her off her mother.

Her face lit up when I mentioned the project she has to do.

" You didn't forget!? I thought that you did mom!"

She said we her eye wide open making my face fell because I never want her to think of me like that.

" why will you think something like that?? Did I ever forgot something about you or your sister baby? Huh?"

" No Mom! I just thought that with your work you won't have the time to...." She responded shyly with her face down.

I looked at her for a moment taking a sip of water, I always have to be cautious with my kids, they're so sensitive.

"Even if I have important thing to do my family will always come first" I reassured her laying my empty glass down on the sink.

I walked to her, with my hand holding her face I looked right in her eye seriously while stroking her cheek with my thumb.

"Princess if I have to choose someday I'll always choose my family, I'll choose you! and for the record I remembered you telling me that you can do it in two weeks and if I'm correct there is two week left because you told me that two week ago in this same kitchen. Till now whenever you'll need me I'll be free for you my princess huh? Did you hear me?"

I kissed her cheek which was wet with tear pulling her in a tight hug, she hugged me back like her life depends on it, nodding her head frantically.

"I love you my baby never forget that."

I closed my eyes and put my face in her long hair which was like her mother's, humming softly a lullaby that always calm her.

Her body started relaxing again mine when I felt hands on my side, I instantly knew to whom they belongs.

I looked at her taking in her beauty,

my heart started doing some flip flop when our eyes met all the tension in me vanished to a welcoming and peaceful feeling.
She's my home, I can't be mad at her for a long time.

She looked at me tilting her head with a small smile and a questioning look like she thought that I was still mad at her.

Rolling my eyes playfully, grinning she put her hand around us holding us thigh again her.

"Mommy!! You're back"

Elena said barging in the kitchen, we looked at her smiling knowing what was coming next.

Like on cue she jumped on us screaming.

"You could've called me!!!!"

We all started laughing. It's our life here, things can be hectic sometimes but I would not trade it for anything in the world.