chapter nine

I have been working for Ms Ashton for one month now. It'd been a training time for me to know both of the two girls, it was useful for me every day to handle them. Because, if she hadn't paid me few days ago, I could easily pass for a housewife with a child in charge, they are too demanding. Anyone else would had quite, but it please me .

the only trouble in here, was my health. My heart already began to ache one week ago, each day, the pain increases, I don't know what to do, it frighten the hell out of me. In those days I just kept repeating myself that, I have been enough lucky to get to know the people who counts the most in my life now. I'll always be thankful for that.

Yes, I'm sure that I love them, but I am also aware that I'm dying. I could work my entire life that I couldn't afford charge for healthcare. It cost too much. I wish being so rich to take care of myself.

  Why couldn't I have a simple sickness like a normal person?? Why?!?

I leaned back to the wall still in my thoughts, I was almost crying when, coming from nowhere something startled me, stirring up my heart, which caused me to gasp and struggle hard to not faint, I fell down suddenly gripping my chest. I could just heard someone screaming my name, the pain was unbearable.

" Donna! Donna! What is going on? Please answer me!!! Donna!? Kristen!!! Kristen!!! Please, hurry it's Donna. Someone help me. What do I have to do for you? Speak to me!! Donna answer me!"

I wasn't paying attention to him, God my heart was aching like hell. Suddenly I started breathing laboriously like there was a block in my chest prevent lung  from air.

I just heard Kristen kneeling beside me, she hold me in her arms and brought my face with her hand to look at hers.

Remained awake and aware was draining me physically. She was speaking to me, but everything was just blurry. She started to tap my cheek gently encouraging me to breathe

" Donna! Donna! Honey breathe, uum"

I focused on her softened voice breathing like her
" Yes! Just like that, don't stop. Honey, Everything will be alright, breathes, umm, I hold you, you'll be fine. You see! it's slowly stop hurting right..!, I hold you"

     She started then rocked me back and forth in her arms talking to me like a baby in a low voice. It didn't took long before my eyes become heavy with sleep and my pain was faded away.

                     **********

        Ms Ashton POV

Donna in my arms, I continued to pat her cheek tenderly, it not took long before she completely fell asleep in my arms. Live with her this entire month had been too delightful to be true, I was wondering that I had received a flawless gift, what a joke!

What will a do if something happens to her? surely I will not be able to cope with life. Since I first saw her, she has been my rock.

I Stared at her for a moment and blinked when a small arm touched me, I looked up at my baby who gaze at me with hopes and fears full in her eyes. While smiling, I carried Donna in my arms and motioning Elena to come with me in Donna's bedroom.

" Hey, sweetie don't worry, she will be fine. Okay? Will you helps me carrying her in ?"
She nodded and followed me inside.

while heading up to the door, I spotted Patrick with the corner of my eyes. He was studying me hard. I know that he witnessed all the tenderness I showed up  earlier and he knew that I wasn't one to show my emotions like that except for Elena and Elisa my twelve years old daughter. I didn't care less and carry Donna inside.