21

Five years later

Kristin PV

Leaning in my big leather armchair, my right arm on the armrest, the left holding a few sheets of paper between my fingers, I sighed while massaging my temple to alleviate the tension that I felt and while thinking that if I do not stopped for today, I would be sure to have a very bad headache, and going home with one was a no no!

Donna like always will not be pleased with that,

in fact she is never pleased when I'm sick or not feeling good and when she's not pleased I feel like I fail to make her happy which is my main priority.

besides, I promised her to stop whenever I feel like it is too much.

Just thinking about her like always melt my heart and bring a smile to my face,

someone may think that I'm a fool if they see me with this silly smile on my face when I rarely smile to them,

being the chief it is not indicate to do it all the time I don't want to make them think that I'm not serious.

Even if Donna thing otherwise, she made me be less strict with the people who work with me by the time she was partially working with me.

I remember the first time my chief of staff came with her at one of my meetings saying that her presence was highly recommended, a few minutes after the beginning of the meeting I realized that he had trapped me because I could not break someone's neck that crucial moment, or even scream at them so much I felt frustrated.

I had looked right in his eyes with a cold stare, making him shudder for a long time with fear and turned away his eyes, his fingers suddenly interesting as he stared at them at that moment.

Thinking about that always make me chuckle, shaking my head.

It was a fact that through this five years I've change a lot,

I can see it in my collaborators behaviors, they are not so tense anymore around me since I've showed them through my interaction with Donna that I'm a human.

Now some of them when they think that I'm having a bad day will call on her to play the meditator by her mere presence because they know that I'll never scold loudly in a place where she is.

During our stay in California, I had noticed that the voice raised or heated makes her anxious, which in her state of health then and even now is not a at all something good.

Thanks to the anger issue of what is her so-called father which filled her childhood and her adult life making her hyper allergic to useless or heated chatter.

I close my eyes relaxing my body in my chair thinking about our five years together as a family.

Donna is .. I don't have words to describe her wow!!!

she is just the rock of our family , she treat me like a queen, even call me like that and I love it, the kids are her little princesses they love her so much. God! sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky with her walking in my life.

She is my sunshine, the reason why I wake up every day and work hard so that she will have everything she want not that she ever need it again.

that is one thing that frighten me now that she has money of her own I have being afraid to loss her for someone her age,

sure she just see through me and every day she do her best to reassure me and show me the love that she profess to me in more than one way.

Just thinking about it makes my heartbeat fastened, bursting with joy, while spreading throughout my body a feeling of well-being that always brings on my lips a smile of pure happiness.

God she can be so crazy sometimes, that there's always laughter in our house.

In the beginning, I didn't pictured her like that, but I know that I love and need this part of her, it completes me.

Sometimes it feel like I'm daydreaming my life and I'll wake up to the reality.

When I think of all these years with Donna, I remind myself to always be grateful for what live gave me as a gift and never take it for granted.

Yeah! I could have lost Donna four years ago, just six months after we moved to California.
Being at my office, the girls school had called to tell me that they were still there confirming the bad feeling that I had since I had tried to reach her thirty minute ago thinking that she will be on her way back home with the kids.

I had rushed home asking my secretary to send an ambulance . When I arrived they where already going with her inside letting me go with them after I told them that it was my wife or they wouldn't have let me.

That day I felt an incomparable pain, it seemed that someone had ripped my heart out, my life depends on that being whom I have only know for less than a year but who has turned my life upside down. My soul had left my body when she closed her eyes hence the bad feeling I had earlier in the office. I felt so empty!

I had prayed like never before, promising God or the infinite power which is at the origin of life, that I will do everything for him if he let her live. Finally after one week in a coma, the doctor kept her under observation for over a month. He had said it was better to stay in California for the time of the treatment.

We stayed there for two years and now her health is perfect. I do not regret any penny spend on her, only God know that we spent a lot of money, a lot of it. But I had not thought twice, my life at this point depends on hers.

Now it's simply impossible to imagine life without her by my side.

I sighed in content knowing what it feel like to not have all this happiness, all this joy, I promised myself to hold it thigh and to not let my insecurities destroy what I have.