It was finally the next morning. You were up a little earlier this time, as a strange filling currently overthrow you. Something felt off. Very off.

As you flattened your skirt and adjusted your hair, you started to leave for school, prepared to face a new day. And just as you left through your door, you'd meet with a boy who leaned against his closed door, like he was waiting for you.

"Oh, morning [L/N]." Seiichiro spoke with a small grin, causing you to return his greeting with a smile. "Morning. I take it you're walking with me?"

In a short response, the male would nod his head, remaining a content face so you wouldn't read into his thoughts. After all, what had happened the other day was an unknowing burden, weighing on your mind.

The two of you began to make your way down the steps, meanwhile you placed a hand to your chin. "By the way, Yuuki, have you been hearing things up in your attic recently? I've been hearing faint noises in mine... it worries me."

To your surprise, Seiichiro snapped his head towards you. In an instant, his golden-yellow hues would grow faint, and his pace would slow, until he came to an abrupt stop. "...Noises? No, not in mine. What ... do you think is up there?"

Turning around after noticing he had stopped, you pondered about his inquiry, humming quietly. "Mmn.. I dunno... I thought it was a rodent or something... so I went to take a look. But.. there was no trace of any." Your gaze looked away, meanwhile Seiichiro began to approach you.

Suddenly, you felt a hand to your head, it didn't take long until he gently stroked it, while forcing your head into his direction. He smiled. "You're such a worrywart. It's probably due to the wood supporting the roof, the previous owners had yet to get it fixed." Seiichiro stopped talking for a moment, but within time his lips parted. "Try not to go up there again for your own safety."

Confused by the sudden stroke of your head, your thoughts would have cleared in an instant. "Right, thank you!" Now turning back around, you proceeded to walk down the sidewalks, unbeknownst to you, a sigh from relief slipped past the lips belonging to Seiichiro.

"I just need to maintain this facade.. and it'll be okay. And if worst comes to worst... I'll have to hurt [Y/N] a little." He then glanced towards his open palm, before eventually raising his hand to his cheek, gently nuzzling against it.

"She'll understand..."

By the time you peered back at the other, he'd already been seen following behind you, his hands wrapped behind his head. He lifted a brow. "What is it?" Not speaking another word, you shook your head, and continued yet again.

'I hope he's alright.. He seems a bit off today...'

As the both of you reached the school, up ahead, you noticed a familiar classmate standing near the gates, waving brightly with a smile on her face. It was Kirigiri. Seiichiro would curiously glance over and at you, who forced a small, nervous grin. "It's Yatsouba..."

As the two of you reached her, the more nervous she had gotten while in the presence of her lover. "G.. Good morning, Seii-" Her warming greeting was forced to a halt while witnessing her boyfriend walk by her as if she was a ghost. Kirigiri's eyes would have widened, her body paralyzed in shock.

Seiichiro would look back at you, who was in just enough shock as the other. "S-Seii, why are you... avoiding me? Aren't you going to say good morning?  We are dating, after all..!"

"..."

Suddenly, the male would blink, looking genuinely surprised. But within time, he approached her slowly, his gaze nearly demanding for her to put down her mental struggling. His lips were now in a firm, grim line, and he leaned forward just slightly, making sure the next words he spoke were engraved into her head.

"About that; let's break up."

You covered your mouth, twisting your head away. They're talking about serious, as well as sensitive subjects, should you leave? It was the right thing to do. Attempting to erase your presence and scurry by, Seiichiro would grab onto your wrist, instantly halting you.

Something about his touch made your heart drop. His hand was warm, and yet he felt so cold during the moment.
Kirigiri would remain speechless, clearly in despair by his proposal. Her eyelashes batted in attempts to preven tears, while the look of great pain overlapped her expression. "..O.. Okay..."

She was afraid to argue back at him.

The male with yellow eyes looked over at you, slithering his hand down to intertwine his fingers with yours. This movement caused you to coil with shivers. "Me and [L/N] are dating now. It's best if you leave us alone."

Kirigiri shot her wide, oceanic hues at you, unresponsive due to building hatred. These confusing, and misleading twists he threw at you couldn't have been any worse. Bewilderment overthrew your embarrassment, part of you wanted someone to save you from such a situation. "W..What..?!"

"We're dating?!"

[Chapter END]