Hibiscus 🥀

"I hope you guys are planning out well and Jimin I'd like to see you after class

"I hope you guys are planning out well and Jimin I'd like to see you after class." Jimin looked up with wide eyes.

"Yes sir." He said stuffing his supplies in his bag. The bell rang and he walked straight to his teacher's desk and looked around nervously.

"You're acting as if I'm gonna call your mom." He laughed and pointed to a desk near him.

Jimin nervously laughed as well and sat down. He's never been in trouble with a teacher.

"So every year in South Korea there is a competition for young artists. I know I'm having a competition as well but I've been thinking." Jimin looked around and cleared his throat.

"Thinking about w-what sir." He mumbled.

"I've never asked any of my students to do this. But I think you should join." Jimin was mentally panicking.

"B-But this competition is for all Of South Korea. Right?" Jimin leaned in a little.

"Yes but hear me out. Jimin you're absolutely splendid at this. This art class - Jimin you're too good for it. If you win this competition you can get to a better college in France. You're guaranteed recognition for your art." Jimin gulped he was blushing at all the comments he was receiving.

"B-But that would mean I would have to leave everything behind," Jimin said thinking about his bestfriend and his family back in Busan.

"Jimin. I see this as an opportunity for you. I think you should take it. If you do it and you lose, which I doubt, you'll lose nothing. And if you win it's full paid scholarship to the best art school in the world." Jimin bit his lip and looked at some of his art that lined the room.

"How long do I have to join?" He flipped through a couple of papers on his desk then scribble something on a notepad.

"Here. First, in order to be qualified, you have to submit one of your previous works. Which would be in a week. Then if they like it you'll receive an email once they receive it. You'll have two weeks to hand in your final work." Jimin looked at the sticky note and huffed.

"I need some time to think Mr.Lee. I understand how bad you want me to do this so I'll put the best thought into it." Jimin stood up and bowed.

"Ok Jimin. See you for Wednesday." Jimin smiled at him and walked out of the room.

"Wow, you actually came out alive. I've been texting you and calling you for the past few minutes." Jimin smiled at Taehyung.

"Sorry. He was telling me about an art competition." Taehyung made an o with his mouth.

"Are you gonna do it?" Jimin shrugged.

"Probably not I get to go to the best art school in the world but I don't know." He said as if he was unsure.

"I have to meet up with my boyfriend soon so I can't hang out with you today." Jimin nodded.

"It's ok I have to brainstorm for the stupid project I'll probably be in the park," Jimin said Taehyung nodded and gave him a big hug. Jimin gagged as a joke and hugged him back.

They both went their separate ways. Jimin walked to the park as he thought about who he could possibly use for this painting.

He sat down on a bench and took out a note pad.

"Let's see. I can do my mom." He wrote it down and stared at it. He then scratched it off.

"No everyone's going to do their parents," Jimin said thinking a little bit.

"How about Taehyung." He was getting ready to write it down then stopped.

"Hell no." He said. People looked at him as if he was crazy some parents even holding their kids close.

He ran his hand through his hair and leaned his head back heaving a long sigh.

He opened his eyes and saw someone sitting at a bench behind him. He quickly turned around and looked at him.

Diner boy

He looked at him as he twirled the hibiscus in his hand. He was staring at it. As if he'd hope it would suddenly turn into something else while he stared at it.

Jimin stuffed his items in his bag and quickly got up and went over there.

"Hey." He smiled and put his bag on the ground. The boy looked at him and back at the flower.

"That's my favorite type of flowers." Jimin looked at the bush next to him and picked one.

"Hibiscus. Did you know if you give someone a hibiscus flower in China it symbolizes that you acknowledge their beauty?" Jimin said holding it up in his hand.

The boy looked at Jimin as if he was trying to figure him out.

"I'm Jimin as you'd probably know from seeing my name tag on my diner uniform." He held out his hand and urged the boy to take it.

Jimin didn't expect him to take it but when he put the flower on his lap and shake Jimin's hand. He was taken aback.

"J-Jungkook." He barely whispered. Jimin smiled.

"I thought you weren't gonna answer." He laughed and cocked his head to the side. He looked at Jungkook's black and white attire and laughed.

"Are you going to a funeral?" He joked. Jungkook looked at his outfit and gave Jimin a look that shouted hundred of profane words.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Do you go to school around here?" I go to the art college around here. I'm an artist." Jimin said pointing to the huge building in the distance.

"No." He said flatly.

"Do you go far?" He shook his head.

"I don't go to school." He said quietly. The air became an awkward mist to Jimin. It was suffocating him.

"Can I see some of your art?" Jimin blinked twice.

"I-umm can I see your phone? Mine is kind of dead and I run an Instagram page where I post it." Jungkook fumbled in his pockets and gave him the phone unlocked.

Jimin types in his username and handed it back to Jungkook.

Jungkook clicked on the post and scrolled through them. Jimin hated his unreadable expression at the moment.

Jungkook suddenly turned off his phone and picked up the flower. Jimin was thrown into a pit of confusion.

"What is that."

"I didn't say anything." His voice monotone, his eyes looking everywhere but him, his hands slightly trembling. He was thinking about something.

"Ok." He said awkwardly looking around the park. He looked back at the boy and decided to look at him.

His bags were still there but not as prominent. This way Jimin soaked in his looks.

The scar on his left cheek, the way his raven hair fell in his eyes, his cute nose, and how he wished he could see his smile. but most importantly his eyes that you spoke hundreds of words.

Jungkook snapped his head and made eye contact with him again.

"Sorry," Jimin mumbled. He stood up and grabbed his stuff.

"Well I really have something to be doing right now and being here won't help me." Jimin picked up the hibiscus that he picked and took a long look at it.

Jungkook flinched when he felt something touch him. It was only Jimin. He carefully tucked the flower behind his ears.

"I hope I can see you again." Jimin left walking towards the exit. Jungkook furrowed his brows as he removed the flower Jimin gave him.

"Oh"