CHAPTER 31: Unpredictable

☣️☣️☣️
Luhan

The turn of events is quite good lately for us. Over the last few days, the drainage system on the prison has been cleaned thoroughly and there is already a potable source of drinking water although we still needed to make it flow for a couple of days to make sure it's safe so we still needed to distill it at the moment. Overall, it's quite better- almost normal, as if living like a real prisoner. But it's not a bad thing.

I've been doing my work pretty much responsibly as I tried not to let anyone take shifts as much as possible. Everyone is doing their works too.

"You've been busy lately hyung," Taehyung came close. I hadn't had a chance to speak because he hugged me almost immediately.

"So do you," I replied as I gave him a small smile. Honestly, I've never imagined myself having a sniper as my best friend aside from him and Baekhyun. It dawned on me that this piece of creation could save me or the others in times of danger and so I'd never forget to bring it with me at all times.

"I hope I've been helping enough," he smiled with that usual square-shaped cuteness on his lips. I ruffled his hair and smiled back at him.

"You've been doing a great job." I complimented.

"Thanks! And oh, I'll get going hyung, still need to send water to the others outside. You know, they're collecting woods. Talk to you soon, Luhan-hyung!" He grinned. He waved back and I did the same before we separated paths as I'm going up the watchtower that time.

I unconsciously smiled again, Taehyung seemed a bit happier today.

I walked over to my spot to find Kyungsoo taking over and doing his shift.

"Soo, get some rest," I spoke as I sat on a metal bench that is fixed on the ground here in the watchtower.

"I'm fine." He mumbled briefly as he drank on his cup that seemed to be an already cold coffee.

We stayed like that in silence. I'm used to it anyway. And it's better that way.

I knew Kyungsoo is not a talker. I confirmed that having him with the first days of our job as watchers. He's a bit cold and untouchable but I know deep inside that he thinks a lot about our sakes and security.

"You're getting closer with Sehun," he mumbled after some time. The normal monotonous tone. I looked at him, and he gave me a small smile.

"He's a good friend," I answered as I averted my eyes at the tree that fell where a couple of people cut a good amount of distance from the prison.

And besides, I don't want to think about him right now.

I could see pretty much everyone there. Chanyeol, Sehun, Kai, and pretty much all the strong guys out there. There's Baekhyun, Tao, and some others with weapons to secure the area. And Taehyung and some home keepers are sending bottled water for the workers.

I could say that Kyungsoo has acknowledged my silence that I don't want to talk about that topic because he kept silent after a moment.

"You remember those women back then in the prison? They're my former group." He stated.

I looked up at him. Yeah, I remembered them.

"Nevermind. It's a very long time ago. And we shouldn't talk about the past." He added immediately when I didn't respond quickly. It's just that, they had already died. And that I don't want to encourage the topic because I feel bad that his old friends are the reason why he almost died and lost a hand.