CHAPTER 2: Encounter

☣️☣️☣️

Baekhyun

I've always thought that zombie shells-I'm referring to their skulls, would be that as soft as those in the movies. But now, in reality, I really had the struggles to attack them with my Katana and slash their throat and their shells to take them down.

Now, my blade is dripping with filthy blood, oozing in the thick dusted pavement of this deserted city. Luhan and Taehyung just followed behind me as I kill a bunch of zombies coming towards us. Believe me, this is not easy.

I didn't imagine myself killing something using a samurai blade, or any kind of weapon towards anyone at all. I was once that weak little boy who almost died at age 6 with a rare disease that causes my immune system to fall apart. A common cold could even kill me before it wasn't for my dad and his genius brain that my mom fell in love with. He created a version of the virus that made me feel normal. A virus that attacks threatening disease-causing germs and viruses inside my body. He is one of the scientists who discovered the cure for cancer. That's if you ask me why my dad is a famous scientist. We are not close that much because he prioritizes his job over his family. And I chose to believe in that. Yet now, he is the only person I could think that could help us. But first, we should keep going until we reach our destination.

So look at me now, killing almost everyone's insight. Loving the sound of my blade, cracking the hard skulls of the newly turned corpses.

"Stay close," I ordered. They nodded as they looked around the surroundings attentively.

"We got your back." Luhan mumbles, a couple of freshly killed squirrels hanging on his hips.

Luhan is also holding a large gym bag where our useful things were shoved there like flashlights, batteries, a pull-up tent, ropes, knives, a rifle, and two handguns. Taehyung holds two backpacks where our canned goods and water supplies are inside.

"We're almost there," I announced as we headed towards a small store that we plan to enter. I've been very careful because we hadn't been gone this far from this city and we don't know if how many zombies are out here roaming.

It makes me sick hearing nothing but the wind lash that brings eerie sound in the air. It feels uncomfortable to see that there's no one else left here.

Luhan tampered with the lock, taking a few minutes before it clicked open. The glass windows are covered with thick specks of dust that may help to cover us from the incoming zombies outside... The door gave us a creepy rustling, cracking sound as it was not opened a long time ago. A good sign that goods there have never been touched.

The surroundings are a little bit dark with the glass windows covered with dust. The aluminum and metallic trays are fixated paralleled across the store.

Taehyung reaches for the safety switch and pushed it on. Opening the dimly lit and flickering fluorescent store lights from the ceiling, everything was intact with a cloud of thick dust lying still on top of everything. I'm surprised that electricity is still available in this store, probably the solar panels above.

And there, I got alerted when a couple of zombies was roaring and started nearing us from our location, dragging their rotting bodies by their feet. I raised my blade and move a step forward.