CHAPTER 16: Prison

☣️☣️☣️

"If we're not going to move faster, somebody other than us will take this place down and owns it... Can't you understand?" Baekhyun argued. His eyes flickered on Chanyeol who's trying to prove his point of waiting a little longer for him to recover because his wounds are not healed yet.

"If your wound is the problem and you don't want your people to die," Baekhyun stood up as he grabbed his Katana beside him.

"Then easy." He moves forward, his recklessness taking over as he moved his feet unto the gates.

"I'll take them down my own." He rolled his eyes and cluck his boots towards the gate.

"No. I won't let you." Kai intervened.

"Baekhyun, it's not a good idea," Luhan added.

"I am fucking fed off of people controlling me. We're not safe outside. What if everyone is asleep and a hoard of zombies are on their way to us. How is that? Not every one of us can fight." Baekhyun raised his point with a groan.

"You're indeed stubborn." Sehun sighed, swinging a bat impaled with a couple of large nails in the head. Luhan sighed nonetheless he grabbed his army knife and even though Kai disagree, he unwillingly lifted his crossbow.

"Right. That's more like it." Baekhyun gave a lopsided grin but fading halfway when Chanyeol arrived to their spot and looked at him.

"We need to rest. You can't go. It's dangerous in there," Chanyeol felt his head heats up. He's clearly trying his hard to talk it out.

"As if you care. You only care about yourself." Baekhyun shot back, his eyes boring on Chanyeol. The older male just gritted his teeth as he can't believe that someone teen male is talking back at him just like that.

"Well, I care okay?" Chanyeol looked seriously at Baekhyun.

"Are you being serious? You didn't even bother to ask me if I'm cold or if my hands are okay when I was soaked in cold water and having my hands wounded while I was busy finding medicines to make you better. And you're there busy having a sexual agenda with a stranger? What a shame! I was there in that same fucking room and you have the audacity to do those thi--" Baekhyun shoots.

"BAEKHYUN!" Chanyeol burst that made the others tensed.

"What if you tone down your ego and don't pretend as if you really care." Baekhyun turned around but all he could see was Chanyeol's fuming face and sharp gaze at him. He could see how the taller clutch where his wound on his side.

"YOU WANT ME TO SHOW YOU HOW MUCH I REALLY CARE?! FINE!" Chanyeol grabbed his shotgun and his eyes sharp and his pupils dark. He grabbed the pickaxe from Suho hand and stomped towards the gate. Baekhyun silently jolted from the angry voice but he didn't show it.

Chanyeol slammed the pickaxe with the lock until it broke. The noise drawing the zombies inside.

"I'll show you." He muttered under his breath.

He slipped inside. The barricades separating him from the others as he clipped the gate with another lock so that no zombies can go out and no one can go inside.

Baekhyun's brow raised from Chanyeol's recklessness.

"What the fuck is he doing?" Baekhyun asked, a mere unexpectedness lingered in his voice as Chanyeol started taking down the flesh-eaters to the ground.

"You shouldn't have angered him, Baekhyun," Sehun hissed as he ran towards the gate and attacked the gate with a gun to destroy the lock.

Baekhyun came over with unbelieving eyes as he saw dozens and dozens of zombies coming towards Chanyeol's direction.

He saw a zombie unnoticed by Chanyeol who's walking a bit quicker behind him and Baekhyun fumbled with his handgun and immediately shot the corpse before he could grab Chanyeol.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" Baekhyun shouted as he slashed a dead corpse's throat with his blade.

"Isn't this what you want?!" Chanyeol answered back. His breathing ragged from frustration and building up tiredness.

"Damn it! Get out of there! You're going to get bitten!" Baekhyun nervously shouts as he realized that Chanyeol is already surrounded by dead rotting prisoners.

He heard the lock slammed open. His ears ringing with nervousness as he sprinted inside the front yard filled with zombies. The rest who have weapons got inside too and tried putting the zombies down to the ground.

Baekhyun held his Katana tightly as he charged.

"Fuck this!" Baekhyun groaned as he felt his wounded hand hurt from his tight grip as he slashed three zombies in halves.

He stormed forward using his speed and fast reflex, slashing heads as he tries to reach Chanyeol.

On the other hand, Chanyeol tripped himself from a dead corpse laying on the ground as he hit his back.

He shot a couple of deadheads until he ran out of bullets.

He hissed as he tried to stand but his wound burned as he saw it bleeding again. Blood spreading on the clean gauze on his abdomen.

That's when Baekhyun popped up, using his blade to put the zombies down.

"Get the fuck up!" Baekhyun shouted as he tried holding down the outbreak.

When he saw that Chanyeol couldn't seem to stand. He abruptly pulled and lifted him up with all his might. The zombies are now close to them. Around twenty surrounding them.

A couple of gunshots and a couple of zombies landed harshly from the bloody ground.

"I got you! Keep moving!" Kyungsoo shouted from the other side of the barricade as he pulled the trigger of his gun and shot the zombies who attempted to attack Baekhyun and Chanyeol. The others helped too as they attacked the ones that is piling towards them that is coming from the main inner gate of the prison.

When they reached the exit gate, Baekhyun literally threw themselves in the dirt making him flushed on top of Chanyeol's chest as the latter caught him by his arms and unconsciously wrapped it around the smaller's waist.

"Are we out?" Baekhyun hissed. His eyes were still closed from the impact and from the dirt.

Chanyeol didn't answer. In reflex, Baekhyun immediately turned his eyes open. A sharp glint of his eyes directed unto the man below him who seemed to have no plan standing up.

"I thought you don't care," Chanyeol responded after a couple of moments, looking at Baekhyun's sudden change of aura, away from the tough wrap-up that he's always building with.

"Get your hands off of me." He hissed angrily but Chanyeol kept him there even though his breathing is still ragged due to the adrenaline rush that they just got into.

He stared at Baekhyun who's trying to peel his arms around him and chuckled inwardly with the idea that this boy on top of him did care after all. He had to admit that he might have been a nice meal right now if it weren't for him.

Now that he could look Baekhyun up that close, he didn't know what drove him to do something unexpected, but he only realized what he did when Baekhyun had a gasp on his breath with his eyes wide in shock.

Baekhyun didn't expect Chanyeol would kiss him on the forehead.

☣️☣️☣️

rush update before I go to sleep.

a. Kaibaek

b. Sebaek

c. all of the above