CHAPTER 17: Weakness

☣️☣️☣️

Baekhyun pushed up abruptly from the ground. His eyes were wide in disbelief. He stood up while Chanyeol was still on the dirt looking at him in shock as well.

Baekhyun turned his eyes around if there's someone who saw the incident but it seemed like everybody are busy taking down the zombies. He puffed a breath, frustration nerving his brain as he glared at Chanyeol.

"Nothing happened. Understood? One word about this and you're dead." He growled, pointing his katana on Chanyeol's crotch.

He didn't wait for Chanyeol to respond as he marched towards the corrosion.

"A HOARD OF ZOMBIES COMING IN OUR DIRECTION!" One of the males shrieked, kids ran in fear, and hid inside the van under Chen's hands.

Chanyeol regained his composure and stood up in attention.

"Everybody protect each other! Get inside the yard!" Chanyeol shouted as he loaded his gun with bullets and a firm grip on his combat knife. All he could see was the hoards of zombies, about twenty of them, coming from the forest piling towards them. They might have heard the gunshots from the encounter.

He charged and sunk the knife on the head of a zombie who tried to attack him first.

"I'LL HOLD THEM SLOW! GO! SEHUN, LEAD THE PEOPLE INSIDE!" He shouted. His gaze is far from weakness as his eyes show no fear. There's this expression of his, making them feel more safe and protected.

"Everybody come inside!" Baekhyun shouted as he diminished the remaining corpse inside the yard. When the last zombie's head threw off of his body, Baekhyun looked around and saw that everyone getting inside the metal barricaded yard, except for Chanyeol.

He furrowed and stomped towards the exit to help.

"Believe in him. He can kill them all." Are you fucking kidding me? Baekhyun wanted to ask Kai but he couldn't because he's now fixed at Chanyeol fighting alone outside the fence.

The hoard of zombies is drastically decreasing as Chanyeol attacked them with amazing fighting skills. Gushing blood showering him. His body is now covered in wet cold filthy blood in several zombies that he put down.

Baekhyun just stared in disbelief as Chanyeol killed all the zombies all by his hands.

The older male kneeled on the ground. Fatigue taking over as he breathed erratically.

A walking corpse of a woman walking aimlessly towards him. He looked at Baekhyun, gazing at him as he flung his knife towards the head of the zombie using his peripheral vision. The knife buried deeply on the zombie's head.

Now Baekhyun knows why they have high respect for Chanyeol. And that every one of them obeys him.

"He's bitten..." A man has spoken sorrowfully as he undid the jacket of a certain man.

Baekhyun looked around seeing Luhan and Taehyung checking the others if they are okay. He walked towards where the people made a group and he saw that one of them is bitten from the encounter.

Baekhyun remembers the man who helped him roast the wild boar on the first day he entered the called sanctuary from the leadership of Chanyeol and he couldn't stop himself from feeling bad. He doesn't want to see someone he knows get hurt. The reason why he doesn't attach himself to people that much.

"He tried to save me." One of the young kids sobbed.

With trembling legs, Chanyeol managed to wipe his splashed face from the gooey blood.