CHAPTER 27: Hurt

☣️☣️☣️

The next morning came. Smokey fogs seeped into the cemented walls making a burning feeling of coldness that roamed inside the prison. The roaring that never stopped that night was strangely soon put to an end that very next morning.

Pretty much everyone alarmingly noticed the disappearance of the gurgling noises from the rotting bodies trying to get inside that section of their safe place barricaded with metals. But what had made Chanyeol's heart jumped was that Baekhyun was no longer in between his arms.

His heart pounded in his broad chest like he had been shocked up with an electrocuting force. His legs willed him to frantically yank the metal gate from his cell and immediately tried to find Baekhyun. His dark worried eyes roamed around the place as his breathing came ragged.

"Baekhyun?!" He shouted. He no longer cared about who will hear his loud voice that would attract the outsiders near their prison section.

"Everyone! Baekhyun is missing!" His voice was laced with worry and nervousness that unusually come from him. What if Baekhyun does something reckless? This thought flooded his mind.

"Where did he go?" There, Xiumin was the first to hear Chanyeol's worried tone that broke the early cold morning.

"I woke up and he's no longer there!" He hissed. His fist unconsciously balled as he felt his heart pounded even more. He doesn't know where this fear coming from but he's sure wanted to find Baekhyun that instant.

"The noises are gone." Sehun struggled as he walked beside Luhan.

"Baekhyun is missing?! I told you to watch him! You promised! I swear if anything happens to him," Luhan woke up almost immediately, eyes flared with anger and frustration, yanking his metal cell gate unwillingly waking Taehyung who's just above the bedpost he'd slept on that very tragic night.

Chanyeol remembered Baekhyun sobbing in between his arms for no one knows how long that night until the said boy had stopped. He swore he just kept Baekhyun in between his arms and stayed there in his chest as he tried soothing the miserable man. The warmth from the boy willed him to sleep and the next time he opened his eyes, he was no longer there.

"Kyungsoo is no longer in his cell!" Tao announced in fear while he held a gun ready to shoot. A terrible idea of him turning into one of them floated in his mind as he searched for any bloodstains on the floor where he would have roamed yet he couldn't find any because it's still dark inside. The sun isn't up yet and the torches don't give that much help.

Pretty much everyone is awake now and the tension built even more. Yet as soon as they decided to find the people who are missing, a loud reverberating banging sound caught their attention and that led them to go in the main path at the end of the prison section where the thick metal gates that divide and separate them from the danger outside was located.

They sprinted there with their guns and weapons. The unsettling feeling filled their guts as they hear no more roarings. This didn't make them comfortable at all.

The moment they saw the thick section gates wide opened and the dead bodies lying still on the floor didn't even make them calmed or appointed as they saw blood and parts of castrated human body parts scattered all around the place.

"Kyungsoo!" Tao shouted as he pointed the gun behind the male's back.

Kyungsoo turned around slowly with his eyes blank and voided.

"He almost got bitten." He struggled to speak. His disabled hand wrapped neatly and put into an arm aid attached to his chest and shoulder while his other free hand was holding a gun still pointing at Minho's remains that is just in front of Baekhyun.