XXVIII

Juwon was waiting for Gini. She had called to say she was in a cab some minutes ago and he couldn't wait to see her. He couldn't contain the excitement bubbling inside of him. Muna had sacrificed her day to help him find the most beautiful outfit they could get for Gini. He was taking her to the rooftop of the most expensive hotel in the city and he wanted them garbed in the best of the best.

Muna had offered to touch up Gini's face and he'd told her it depended on Gini's decision. He knew she wasn't big on wearing make up and he really didn't care if he was being sincere. He just wanted her around. His phone pinged and he read the message from Muna saying Gini was at the gate. He rushed out to meet her and saw her holding a suitcase and her handbag. Juwon took them from her, set them on the floor then lifted her up in the air before kissing the heck out of her. Gini put her arms around his neck and leaned into him as they deepened the kiss.

He looked at her from head to toe when the kiss ended. "You look good, it's insane. How can anyone look this good?"

Gini melted against him and giggled. He pinched her cheek and she kissed him after giving him the most adorable look ever.

"I love you. I missed you like crazy."

"Missed you too."

"Let's go in." Juwon carried her bags and Gini walked in front of him.

"My God, J! Look at your house," Gini gushed. "This is even larger than the town house."

"Not so much."

Gini went around the waterfall in the middle of his drive way. She sat on the bench under an umbrella and he smiled at her enthusiasm.

"The grass is so green and soft."

"Isn't it meant to be?" He smiled as she kept touching it.

"This place is amazing. Look at the palm trees." Juwon smiled again as she fleeted around like a butterfly.

"Show me around, J."

Hd took her hand after placing her bags at the door. He showed her the front of the house even though she'd explored it then took her to the back. Gini exclaimed when she saw the two joint swimming pool that had a small gazebo in between them.

"You have almond trees, wow."

"About four," he explained as she gazed up at one of the trees.

"Your house is beautiful."

"Thanks. We need to go inside."

"Yes, show me the inside."

"As you wish, my love."

They went around the house and got in. Juwon waited as Gini kept gushing at the size of the living room.

"Do you ever watch this big ass TV?"

Juwon laughed at her comment. "At times, there's a theater room so this is mostly for decoration."

"You're kidding, right?"

"Let me show you the rooms."

Gini followed him as he climbed the stairs and he held her hand tightly. They got to the master bedroom and Gini stopped in her tracks.

"Holy Christ! Why is every room so huge? Do you need this much space?"

He watched as she looked at the exquisitely carved bed frame then the paintings on the walls. She went to the bathroom and gasped as she saw the bathtub. Juwon smiled as Gini looked at the sink.

"How does this work?"

He opened the water and they watched as it fell on the flat surfaced sink.

"It doesn't spill over like I thought it would. Your house is amazing."

"Thanks. We need to get you ready for tonight."

"What exactly is happening?"

"I'm taking you out. Muna helped me with some dresses your size and she wants to help with hair and makeup... that's a peace offering if there was ever going to be one. I know she has been somewhat rude to you but she was only looking out for me."

Gini flipped her non-existence long hair and he grinned at the sassy attitude he was getting from her.

"Forgive her, babe."

"Done."

"Let's get you ready then. I'll take you to the room where you can change."

"Are you changing also?" Gini looked him over and raised her brows at the white tracksuit he was wearing.

"Sure. I won't take as much time as you though."

"Oh, right as always."

Juwon lead Gini to the room Muna was and sat her on the chair facing the vanity. He walked out of the room to let the two ladies bond but stopped when he heard Gini speaking with Muna. The door wasn't completely shut and he could hear them clearly.

"You like him," he heard Gini say.

"Like a brother." Muna continued when Gini didn't reply, "Don't start with me, girl. I'm not attracted to him if that's what you're getting at. I just didn't think you were right for him but I was obviously wrong."

"What made you change your mind?"

Juwon listened shamelessly and waited for Muna's answer.

"You both look genuine."

"Well, thanks."

"Don't thank me just yet because if you hurt him, I'll be coming for your ass."

"I wouldn't expect less."

"Now that we've gotten that out of the way, when was the last time you groomed your bushy eyebrows?"

Juwon smiled and walked away. He got under the shower and scrubbed himself until he felt satisfied. He left the bathroom with the white towel tied around his waist. He got the suit he'd bought earlier and put them on.

Juwon felt like a child on his first day of school. He got a new pair of socks and looked indecisive as he stared at the two pairs of new shoes. He went with the black pair eventually and placed the brown back in its spot. His hair needed a little work so he got his comb and brush and went to the mirror.

By the time he was done grooming himself, it was almost seven p.m. He hurried out then went back in and took the small, blue trinket box he'd left behind. He went to check on Gini and saw that she was still getting dolled up. Muna sent him out of the room with one of her lethal looks and he retreated to his room. He spent nearly an hour at the balcony staring at the dark sky as he waited for Gini. Muna walked in and joined him, he looked over at her and she smiled.

"She's downstairs waiting for you and the limo is waiting also."

"Thanks for everything." Juwon pecked her.

"Treat her right, please." She held on his arms as she said, "She's in so deep and I'm starting to feel bad that I encouraged you to get revenge. I think starting over is truly the best decision."

"It is."

"Be safe and let me know if you need anything."

"Sure." Juwon adjusted his shirt collar and left the balcony.

He met Gini down the stairs looking shy and self conscious in her white, silk dress.

"You always find me flimsy dresses," she stated.

"Are you complaining?"

"Wish I could. It's so flattering, I feel like a billionaire."

Juwon kissed the cleavage that was exposed to him from the knot that held the dress in the middle.

"Keep doing that and we'll be back in your bedroom."

He gave a throaty laugh then led Gini out of the house into the waiting Limo. He helped her get seated and held her purse on his lap. The driver pointed out the cold bottle of champagne next to them and Juwon served Gini a glass.

"I feel like I shouldn't eat or drink in this dress, I don't want it to rip."

He frowned. "You can't be serious."

"Just joking but it fits like a glove."

"There's a slit."

"At the back and not doing much other than almost exposing my butt cheeks. You look sharp by the way."

"Thank you, birdie."

"How was the week?"

"Busy as fuck. I'm so glad you showed up, birdie."

"I'll always show up for you."

Juwon took her glass and placed it in the holder. He dragged Gini closer and linked his hand to hers.

"I love your hair."

"Thanks. Muna curled the top, she's really good at this sort of thing."

"She is. I love how subtle your makeup is and you're literally glowing. What did she put all over you?" Juwon looked at her slightly sparkling neck then her glowing long legs.

Gini laughed. "She called it glow oil."

"Damn, you look exotic. I'm glad I booked a private table."

"What do you have in mind?"

"All sort of things and they are all rated R."

Gini cackled and brought his face closer before kissing him. His hand was under her dress in no time and he slid it all over her smooth thighs. His fingers met her panties as he slid his hand forward while Gini was busy kissing the spot where his dimple usually appeared whenever he smiled. He got his hand from under her dress and adjusted his pants. Gini reached over for her drink and winked.

Juwon wanted the night to go as planned but he was also tempted to lead her straight to a bed already. His mind conjured all sorts of positions he wanted her body in and her got himself a glass of champagne so as to cool off. He held his need under control and smiled at Gini before drinking his glass content.