XIII

Gini watched as Juwon drifted to sleep. He'd left town to the city to get her dresses and shoes, he was obviously tired from the journey and didn't even know it until she told him to sleep. Not only had he gone through all the stress for her, he'd also wanted to make her dinner. Just when she thought she couldn't love him more, he showed her a reason to.

He'd told her he loved her, talked about his new resort and understood her desire for more time before revealing why she left town. He was truly everything she desired in a man. He was also all hers as she was his. Gini kissed him lightly as he slept and got up from his chest. She went to the kitchen and got fries and chicken from the refrigerator. She fried the chicken first then tossed the fries in the hot frying pan.

Gini poured wine for herself and carried her dinner to the dinning table. She checked the time on her phone and thought about her boys. They would probably be playing video games or arguing at the moment. She couldn't wait for the moment they'd meet their father.

Gini finished her dinner and went to her room. She called her sister and heard from the boys. They were busy with an assignment so they couldn't chat for long. She went downstairs to join Juwon and didn't find him on the sofa. She turned around to go find him and saw him standing in front of her.

"J, stop. You scared me," she said as she punched him lightly on the arm.

"You let your guard down. I could never sneak up on you before. "

Gini used to be known for ears that could pick out any sound in secondary school. She'd lost the ability somehow but Juwon didn't have to know, her reputation was at stake here. "I mean, you didn't really scare me. I knew you were behind me, I was just playing around."

"Tell another lie, birdie. I got you, you looked scared just now."

"I didn't," she denied.

Juwon laughed and Gini rolled her eyes. "I need to head home. Will you be fine on your own?"

"Of course."

"You could spend the night with me if you want."

Gini considered the offer and shook her head. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'll check you at the store on my way to the resort. Do you want anything?"

"Like?"

"I don't know. Anything at all."

"I'm fine."

Juwon went to the door and Gini kissed him passionately before letting him out of the house. She went to her bedroom and turned on the A.C. Her father's lawyer had helped her with the electric bills and she didn't have to depend on the rickety generator anymore.

Gini got up the following morning, showered, dressed and headed to the store. She had the small speaker she saw in the house with her. She hadn't gotten enough customers the last time she opened the store and was hoping the music playing from the speaker would attract more people.

By the time Gini got to the store, her body was drenched in sweat from the heat of the morning sun. She found a paper napkin on the shelf and used some to clean her face, neck and arms. Gini played some music and noticed the speaker wasn't loud enough. She left the music on and went to the cashier post after cleaning the floor. The store was opened and ready for customers.

By mid noon, some guys dressed in construction overalls walked into the store. They were exactly eight in number and Gini quickly greeted them. She walked beside them as they went around the store.

"What exactly do you want?" she asked when their carts remained empty.

"Snacks," one of them said. Gini looked at who spoke and noticed a dark skinned, medium height man.

"It's on a different aisle, I'll lead you to it."

"Juno, remember boss said we mustn't spend more than the limit," another warned.

"What's the limit?" Gini butt in.

"Three personal items like toiletries and two edible items," they chorused.

"Okay. Who sent you?"

"Engineer," someone said.

"Where do you work?"

"The resort," Juno responded.

Now she understood why they came to the store. Juwon had something to do with it without a doubt.

"If you'll come with me, I'll show you where the snacks are."

Gini walked in front of them and led them to where snacks were displayed. She went back to the cashier post and waited for her customers to be done. Gini smiled as they joked with her while she calculated their purchases. She scanned their I.D cards when they said their boss was going to settle the bill and waved them off as they walked out.

Juwon came in as she was preparing to close the store for the day.

"Hey, mami." he said as he embraced her. Gini gave him a peck then snuggled into him.

"Was about closing the store."

"I'll help you then."

"Thanks, but there isn't much to do. Your workers came around in the afternoon."

"Really?"

"Yea, you're owing me some serious cash."

"Oh my, I'm scared. I only have kisses to give."

She giggled as he fluttered his lashes. "You have up to a million kisses?"

"I think I can manage."

"Hmm." Gini looked up and pretended to be contemplating. "Okay, I'll take it."

"My generous queen. How was your day?"

"Great," Gini answered as she began arranging the store. "Yours?"

"Not so bad, I couldn't stop thinking about tonight."

"Yea?" She looked at him as she asked.

"Yea."

Gini grabbed her bag and went to Juwon. "All done."

They left the store together and got in Juwon's car. Gini was dropped at the front of her house and promised to see Juwon in few hours. She got into the house and headed straight for the shower.

Gini picked the dress Juwon told her to wear and inspected it. The size was correct, how he guessed her perfect size was a mystery to her. The dress itself was like nothing she'd ever owned. it had two long slits at opposite sides that was sure to stop at her crouch. It was literally everything she wasn't.

Gini adjusted the spaghetti straps as she wore the dress. She touched the soft material as she looked in the mirror. She wasn't sure the last time she felt so feminine and sultry. The dark red colour of the dress suited her sun darkened skin. Gini got the shoes and stared at both pairs. She wasn't sure which one to pick. She wasn't sure she wanted to wear shoes that could pay her sons school fees either. They were so pricey and she felt like a scam owning not one but two pairs.

Gini decided to wear the black, strappy pair after convincing herself. She used lip gloss on her lips and scattered the top of her hair. Gini got her almost condemned handbag and walked down the stairs. She took a step at a time as she made her way to Juwon's house and she was hoping not to tumble down the street in the high heels.

As she got to where Juwon's house used to be, she saw a totally different building. It was no longer the bungalow building she used to pass on her way to school, it was now two storey and she wasn't sure she was counting right as the house looked like a duplex or triplex.

Gini knocked lightly on the gate before seeing the buzzer. She was about to press the button when the gate opened. Juwon walked to her and took her arm.

"Birdie," he greeted. "You look gorgeous. You really take my breath away."

"You look great also." Juwon was wearing dark pants and white shirt.

"How was the walk? I'm sure you could handle yourself in those shoes."

"They're not meant for walking long distance, I can tell you that."

"I suppose."

Gini entered the house and Juwon gave her a glass of champagne with strawberries. She looked around the living room as Juwon excused himself. The designing was impeccable and Gini trailed her fingers over the golden vase on the little table beside the couch. Juwon had outdone himself with the house as everything looked modern and expensive. The place was fit for a king. The chandelier in the middle of the large room took her attention as it went from ceiling to floor. Gini went next to the show stopping piece and marveled at the detailing. The lights on it looked like drops of sparkling water.

"I see it caught your attention," Juwon said as he stood beside her.

"It's incredible."

"Yes, it is. For some people, this piece is their joy."

"If your resort is going to look half as good as this then you're definitely on the right path."

"It looks better. Let's go to the other living room to relax before I bring the food out."

Gini followed Juwon and they entered a smaller room with tan interior. There was a cold bucket with wine chilling in it on the center table. Juwon took her to one of the sofas and she gathered her silk dress when it gaped as she sat.

"I couldn't wear panties with this dress. Where did you find it?"

"A boutique in the city. It suits you, a lot." Juwon sat beside her and trailed his fingers on her exposed thigh. "You shouldn't have said anything about not wearing an underwear."

"What difference does it make?" she asked innocently.

"I have to have you as the appetizer."

Gini's heart leaped in her chest as Juwon stared at her with such intensity. The tension between them hummed and her skin burned as she imagined his hands moving all over her body. Her breathing became ragged as he licked his lips.

"I'd love that," she said and pulled the strap of her dress down.