Chapter 24~ (Slowly) Back to Normal

Ezra

I looked into her deep brown eyes as they widened slightly in surprise. Not going to lie, I was surprised myself at my suggestion.

Move in with me.

I've been wanting to ask her, but I felt it would be overwhelming for her. But seeing that laugh and knowing how content I felt when she sleeps over...waking up to her soft body in my arms. I even love smelling her awful morning breath and seeing her blush when she catches me staring. Yes, it may sound selfish, but at the same time I can't help but feel like she is better when she is around me. Her eyes aren't as dull and her smile is less forced when she is around me.

"Ezra.." she whispered my name softly through her shiny pink lips.

"Frankie, I love you, and I will make sure you have everything you need while you stay. I'll even buy," I gulped, "..pads for your time- for your times of the month. I can't sleep when you don't sleep over, and I know you'd rather stay with me than your parents home."

She stares at me for a long time, before blinking those beautiful eyes and averting her gaze to her fidgeting hands.

"Can-can you take me home, please?" She says in a low voice. My heart cracked at how shut off she became, again. My mind jumbled with words to fix what I just said, mentally beating myself for saying something so stupid and selfish. 

"Baby, I didn't mean- Don't be mad at me," my voice broke a bit as she continued to avoid eye contact.

"I-I'm not." She looked up at me with watery eyes, "I'm not mad at you, Ezra." She got up from her seat and gathered her bags. "I just want to go home," she said. I reluctantly followed her to my car, then piled the bags into the back seat before taking the silent twenty minute drive to her house.

When we arrived, she said a quiet goodbye before a quick peck to my lips. She asked if I could keep the clothes in my car for the time being. I didn't want to ask why, so I just said okay. I watched as she walked out the car until she closed her front door before I punched the steering wheel in frustration.

Frankie

My mom was home, and I walked up to her as she paused a show she was watching on Netflix to give me her full attention with that same look in her face. I sat by her and laid my head on her shoulder, and she stroked my hair. "Is everything okay, baby?" She asked softly.

No, I wanted to say, I don't want to be here anymore.

"Mom, I wanna move out." I said as my body started to tremble in anticipation. I felt her own body tense up above me, making me sit up and face her to see hurt on her face.

"But I just-," she started but cut herself off with a sigh. Her hazel eyes study me for a long time, a battle swarming in them. She gives me a watery smile. "You movin' in with Ezra," she sighs, stroking my arms with shaky hands.

"I love him, mom. He makes me happy, and I know he will protect me."

"I know, my baby," she says, moving hair from my face. "You are about to be an adult anyway, and I can't stop you. I just want you to be sure you are making the right decision.."

"Yes, momma." I whispered, smiling at what Ezra said to me at the food court earlier. His words shocked me into silence, and I already made up my mind before we got into the car that he was the only person I want to be with right now. He makes me laugh and smile, while everyone makes me feel like some delicate china doll.

"Well, I don't know how your father will take this, but I will talk to him personally. Go ahead and start packing," she said. I grinned at her and gave her a hug, in which she returned with so much warmth and love.

I went up the stairs to my room and packed important things like under clothes and toiletries. I already had most of the clothes I actually wear at Ezra's house. Then I grabbed a empty storage box and filled my favorite hair products in it.

After texting Ezra to come back to my house, I checked to make sure I had everything before taking two trips from my room to the front door. My mom stood silently the whole time and when I put the last bag down I saw a tear slip out.

Walking over to her, I wrap my warms around her waist and she squeezed me tightly with her long arms. "I'm happy you have him, Frankie. He's a good kid. Thats why I'm not as reluctant to let you go, cus I know he is going to protect you...he saved you himself so I trust him."

"Thank you, mom," I said as we heard a car door close before the door bell rang. She opened the door and before Ezra could greet my mom she pulled him into a hug, and he was stunned for a moment before hugging her back.

"Take care of my heart, will ya?" She said to him, and he nodded before looking at me. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

"I'm ready to go," I said as I picked up my bag, but he took it from my hands and carried the rest of my luggage to his car, not allowing me to lift one thing. My mom stood my me as we watched him eagerly put the clothes in back.

"He's a keeper," she said to me, making me smile.

"Yeah, he is."

"Just don't bring any babies home too soon, ok?" She said, and my face heated up when she said babies.

"Promise, I'm not even thinking about anything pertaining to children right now." I laughed nervously, as my mind went to the times when Ezra and I would come close to having sex.

"Good girl," she gives me one last hug and kiss as Ezra walks back up to us. She gives him a hug as well before Ezra grabs my hand and leads me to the passenger door.

Once we get to his loft, I was allowed to carry only one bag while he carried the rest. I laughed at him as he struggled to not drop any boxes or bags he carried.

Once we got up to his loft he sat my things down before dropping himself on the couch with a sigh. I put my bag down and walked over to him before straddling his long legs and laying my head on his broad chest, and he automatically wrapped his long arm around my waist and laid his head on top of mine.

"You know," I caressed his forearm. "I still haven't bought you anything for your birthday..."

He grunted and squeezed my body to his, "You being here is the only present I need." He says, and I lifted my head from his chest to see the sincerity in his pale blue eyes. Feeling my heart warm, I cup his cheek and kiss him slowly, taking in his soft lips on mine.

"But," he mutters on my neck as he starts kissing there, "I have something to tell you, but you probably won't like it." He nuzzles his nose in my neck.

"What is it?" I asked breathlessly as I could barely think with his calloused palms on the soft skin of my hips.

"My parents, they are having a dinner to celebrate my father and I's birthday," he rubs my back because he must've felt it tense up. "Only for one night. With business associates there, it'll give me a glimpse of how the business world is. No need to worry because you won't leave my side the whole night. Plus, remember my cousins from Florida?"

My mind went back to spring break.

"They'll be there?"

"Yeah," he chuckled when I shot up with a grin on my face.

"When is it?" And he scratches the back of his head with a nervous chuckle that said Don't be mad.

"Tomorrow night."

And thats when I slap him.