Chapter 7~ Spring Break Part 2

Chapter 7

Spring Break (continued)

Going to the beach with Brandon and his friends was a blast and I was so tired after we left that I ended up sleeping the whole ride back to the house. When I felt the car jerk to a stop, I rubbed my tired eyes as Brandon shifted the gear to park. Smiling at me with twinkling brown eyes, he ask, "You had fun?"

"What do you think?" I give him a lazy side smile and chuckle at the awesome memories I probably wouldn't be able to relive. "That was so much fun, when can we go again?"

"You really had a good time? I never really do things like that anymore, but maybe we could go again before you leave."

"I would really like that," I say as I open my car door, but scream bloody murder when I see the silhouette of a lizard run on the ground. I close the door trembling in fear. "Woah, what's wrong Frank?"

"There's a lizard in the ground," I grip his shoulder, and feel him chuckle as his chest vibrates making me angry at his humor.

"Don't worry, they don't bother you that much, they're just curious." He steps out the car and I'm still on the inside, glaring at the ground. "Are you going to come out?" Looking up at him I shake my head slowly, then return my gaze to the ground.

"No, I don't wanna step on one of those scary little things," I scrunch my face in disdain before he bends down and gives he a look.

"Get on my back, scaredy cat." I roll my eyes but sigh as he carries my on his back. Chuckling, he walks all the way the house before putting me down on the front porch.

"Happy?" He sounds amused and I look up at him. I cross my arms over my chest, glaring at the ground again.

"I could've slept in the car," I mutter out and he just chuckles ruffling my hair. Walking in the house, I see the the other two brothers.. Devon and Jacques looking at the bright tv screen in the dark, both shirtless and ripped. Looking up, Devon sees Brandon and I walking in before narrowing his eyes. Jacques seemed to not notice us, since his head was tilted back, knocked out with his mouth open.

"Where've you two been," he asks, suspicion in his deep voice. I look at Brandon to see him roll his eyes, letting out the ponytail his curly hair was in. "We just went to the beach, I watched your brother surf." I smiled at Brandon, who give me a small side smile as he rung out still slightly damp hair.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Frankie." He says quietly, before walking to his room all the way in the back. I sigh, my body exhausted but my mind still wide awake as I walk over to the couch and plop down by Devon.

"You talkin to my brother," he asks, I look at him with a smirk as he looks at me with furrowed brows. His dreads were in a wild ponytail on top of his head, looking a bit cute on him. His lips were in a small frown, making mine stretch into a amused smile.

"Why, you jealous?" I cheese, studying his reaction and he grunts, rolling his eyes. I giggle before I hear footsteps. Ezra walks out with a tousled bed head, stretching his arms out. He catches my eye, then turning around.

"Wait," he turns with narrowed eyes, "Where the hell you been for hours?" He looks livid, with a frown on his face.

"Ooh, someone's in trouble," Devon chuckles besides me, making it my turn to frown at his amused/smug expression.