Chapter 22: Rescue

Pistol. Check.

Bullet proof vest. Check.

Gasoline. Check.

Lighter. Check.

Silent Rage. Check.

The last lead Mr. Allen's police friend had was at a motel just outside the city. My car was going almost 100 on the highway as I rushed to get there. After arriving after 30 minutes, I hop out the car and walk to the small lobby. I look at the old man.

"Did you see any type of large brawny, foreign men come through here?"

"Hm," the guy shrugs, "Maybe. Maybe not. I don't seem to remember, my brains a little...fuzzy," he looks at me expectantly, and I clock my head to the side. This dude really thought I was giving him money. With my height in handy, I was able to reach over the counter, grabbing his scrawny ass out the wheel chair. His eyes went from calm to horrified real quick.

"Where. When. And what room?" I say in a calm voice. He shook his head yes and began stuttering.

"I can't give out names of paying customers..."

"The woman I love's life is at stake, so if I find out shes dead because you couldn't tell me the fucker who killed her....you'd wish you were dead when I'm done with you." My lips were firm and my hands were shaking in anger and my temper rose. His adams apple bobbed as he opened a book and pointed at the mans name I was looking for.

"There was a woman- a black woman with them. She looked unharmed, but now that I think about it she couldn't stop looking at me ." 

I heaved a sigh and walked out the motel doors.

---
Frankie•

Robin was gone for the first time in months. I wasn't having to pretend to be comfortable with him. He scared me and every time he looked at me, he looked like he wanted to devour something. He was the predator to my prey, he was the devil. I'm doing anything I can to get on his good side. Even...entertain him. He's a perv, and the fact that my plan worked surprised me.

Submission. I had to pretend that I gave up all hope of someone finding me. Yeah, the news stopped showing my face, but I have a gut feeling I'm not forgotten. Because the thought of my mother giving up...or even Ezra giving up only makes my heart and soul diminish. Just thought of them forgetting about me brought tears to my eyes.

The light peaking from the dark curtains of the suite woke me up from my slumber. It was probably noon by now, and I knew Robin wouldn't be back until midnight or early morning. My curly hair was in four cornrows, since I washed it last night after weeks of it being dirty. Pulling the covers, I let the cool air wrap around my exposed body as I got up and walked to the bathroom to freshen up. The tiny droplets of water hit my body and messaged my tense muscles. Letting the water hit my face with my eyes closed, flashes of last night made my stomach coil. Robin had bought an underwear set that I ended up sleeping in. I was so scared he'd try and take my virginity last night. He was stronger than me, so it was hard to push him off when he forcefully made out with me or touch places that I never consented to touch.

I stepped out the shower and wrapped a cotton towel around my body to dry off, before using my finger and someone's toothpaste to brush my teeth. As I rinsed my mouth, a loud bang sounded from outside. With a jump, I felt my body shake at the anticipation of a mad Robin. I heard voices shouting then gun shots, before silence. I slowly opened the door to the bathroom and my breathing faltered at the bloody sight. Dead bodies lied on the carpeted floor and I recognized them as Robin's men. My body shook uncontrollably at the sight as my eyes widened when I saw a large lean frame loom over them like a predator proudly relishing the capture of his prey. My hands shook at the familiar presence as my voice struggled to whisper the name of the guy I love.

"Ezra."

The light eyes turned to me and I nearly fainted at the look he gave me. In no time, his arms circled around my waist and the softest lips kissed all over my face, before his lips connected with mine in exhilarating kiss that made me weak in the knees. For months I longed to be in his arms again and I help him tighter to make sure this wasn't another dream I'd wake up from.

His clothes had stains of blood and his face showed such fatigue but nonetheless he was still handsome as ever. His smile was prominent as his hands skimmed over my body and face. "Baby," he whispers, lightly knocking his forehead against mine, "You are never leaving my side again." He said, taking out the beautiful ring and slipping it on my ring finger. Tears gather in my eyes as the shock subsides and happiness engulfs me in its arms. A never ending stream of content tears fall along my cheeks as a kiss his soft lips, relishing in them.

My feet were swept off the ground as I'm picked up bridal style by my oh-so-buff Ezra. I continue to plant kisses on his face and neck as he takes out his phone and dials a number. "I finally got her," he said, and I wasn't trying to listen to the man on the other line as I slowly kissed along his defined jawline. The more I'm surrounded in his natural scent the more I want to be tangled in his sheets.

"All right, We'll be there." He said, then hung up, turning to me and capturing my lips again. The heat between my thighs makes me want to say fuck being celibate.

"I love you so much, I didn't know if you'd stop looking for me," I said as he stepped over bodies and walked to the elevator. My arms wrapped around his shoulders as my head laid at the crook of his neck.

"I love you too, and I never stopped thinking about you," he said, pressing the lobby button. He looked down at me and kissed my forehead and I felt drained, as if I didn't sleep for years and now that I'm safe I can finally sleep soundly. My eyes remained closed until I felt myself being put in the passenger's seat.

"Luckily no one was in the lobby, or someone would've probably called the police." He said, backing out of the driveway and speeding out of the lot. I just look at his side profile with probably I stupid smile on my face. I swear he got more handsome in the past months. His arms were still able to pick me up, and he didn't seem to have any type of fat with his thin white shirt doing horrible job in concealing his well defined muscles that I want to run my hands down.

Once we pull up to a familiar driveway, I don't even wait to get out of Ezra's Ferrari to get out the car and run onto the porch. The door opened to reveal my mom and dad, both with wide eyes and I'm automatically embraced. New tears fall as the scent of them surrounds me, making me feel completely at ease.

I'm finally home.

Robin•

"Step on the gas," I said to Caine when my men at the apartment didn't pick up the phone for the fifteenth time. My heart was racing at the thought of something happening to my pet. I've grown quite fond of her, since she's slept in the same bed as me for months now. I know she doesn't feel any way towards me but she will have to get used to it. I know I promised that dumbass kid that I'd give her back when he gives me my money. But things have changed, she has made me a selfish man.

But if I go to my apartment and find her gone, I might just kill her and her little boyfriend for taking her away from me. My gun sits on my lap as I tap my fingers on my knee at the scenarios going on in my head. Oh, the things that I will do to her if she is there and causing trouble...

We pull up to the driveway and police in front, carrying body bags out. I caught eyes of a policeman who looked at us suspiciously. I tell Caine to back away slowly and we pull out the parking lot. I take my gun and use it to rub my temples as I'm getting a horrible headache. "Go to the main building."

Oh yes, my little pet will definitely get punished for this.