Interlude~The Night We Met

(7 years ago)

Vanessa and Jade are at it again, yelling at one another

Vanessa and Jade are at it again, yelling at one another. I yawned as we stepped out of mom's car, as she waved at us with a bright smile on her face. Her Italian side showed as her thick wavy dirty blonde hair was up in a high ponytail.

We waved at her after I thumped the twins' ears to show them her waving. After that, I walked into school, ignoring their presence like every other day I went to school. I moved my tousled wavy jet black hair from my face in exasperation when I saw the black girl again, two lockers right of mine as she struggled with the locks.

Her thick curly hair was in two braids today, which means they'll be out tomorrow...not that I pay attention or anything. I wanted to help her, but she made a friend quick. Tasha was another black girl in the school, they seemed to be one of the few here. Tasha was, however Spanish as hell.

"For christs sake, Frankie." Tasha said loudly, before she sighed and helped her with her locker. Frankie must have said thanks quietly because Tasha smiled brightly and said a cheerful, "No problem, chica."

Tasha flipped her wavy black hair as she Frankie seemed to be speaking to her quietly, before she glanced my way, narrowing her hazel green eyes on me. "Hold up Frankie, theres some weirdo looking at you," she said loud enough for me to hear as she crossed her arms and glared at me.

My body went tense and my face heated up in embarrassment as Frankie turned around. I was met with her shiny chocolate gaze and I couldn't stop the increased beating of my heart at the moment. I wanted to say sorry, but I couldn't form words under those eyes. She looked me up and down without showing any emotion on her face.

When she turned back around, I finally exhaled as she slammed her locker and grabbed Tasha and sped walked away from me.

Crap, I scared her...

And it didn't help that I had 6 period with her either. All I could do was stare as she concentrated on the teachers lessons about biology, or something. I know my focus wasn't on anything he was saying, as I continued to gaze at Frankie. As I watched, the guy behind her tapped her shoulder and handed her a note.