Chapter 4~ Bipolar Much

Chapter 4

Bipolar Much

Looking in the mirror, I examine my attire. I actually ended up waking up early enough to choose some clothes before taking shower.I styled my kinky hair in a slick half up, half down style. I had on a grey faded flannel, some black shorts that hugged my hips perfectly, some black doc martens, and a tight black tank top. I grab my keys, backpack, and phone before heading down the stairs. I'm grabbing an apple from the fruit basket on the counter just as I hear Ezra's car honk outside.

    Locking the door behind me, I walk over and get into Ezra's flashy red Ferrari. He looks at my attire, lingering at my legs before meeting my sharp brown eyes. "Morning Frankie."

    "Really?" I say crossing my arms over my chest. "Your going to act like yesterday didn't happen?"

    "Okay, I get it. Your mad at me and I'm sorry. Like I said, I had company over." He explains. "I don't even know why your so mad."

    "Is that company Flora Greene?" He pales a bit and stays silent, conforming my suspicions.

    "Frank-"

    "You don't need to explain, Ez. I get it, you needed to get laid, I'm not dumb. I wouldn't have cared if you told me." I snapped putting extra venom about that last part, despite the lie. I don't like the jealousy that I'm exuding but it kind of hurt to know that he had sex with another girl.

    He just sighs. "Frankie- just know today, what ever I do, I don't want you to take it the wrong way, okay?" He puts the car in park and cuts the engine, getting out. We were only about 5 minutes from school so the ride was short. I roll my eyes and get out, trying not to slam the door.

    I walk and look sideways only to see Ezra walking towards Flora, who has a big smile as her green eyes light up. He gives her a hug and she goes in for a kiss, making me turn away quickly. I feel bail rise in my throat, but swallow the lump down. I feel my heart break when I look back to see he has a huge smile on his face, looking at Flora adoringly.

    School was boring. Being an introvert like me, I wasn't looking forward to seeing my friends from the weekend or catching up. I would usually read a new book I got from Barnes and Nobles, getting lost in other peoples awesome lives, mostly trying to forget about my terrible one when I'm not around Ezra.

    Sometimes I just get lost in my head, forgetting about the book and think about my own story. Right now as I sit in my free period my mind goes to my dad. I never met him and all I have is a picture and some letters. He was in prison, still having to some time for drug trafficking. He's been in jail since I was about 2.

    I know he is first generation American Barbadian, with loose curls, tan skin and has a tattoo with my mom and I's name on his chest. I know he loves me, you could tell through the letters, but I can never speak to him when he calls, I don't really know him all that well. One of the pictures I have is a baby picture of him, my mom, and my two year old self smiling happily before he was arrested.

    "Hey, are you okay?" I look up from my book and I'm met with brown eyes. A toffee skinned guy with low cut curly hair and glasses asks me with concern in his eyes.

    "Yeah, why?" I ask softly.

    "Well, because your crying." My eyes widen and I raise my hand to my face to feel my moist cheeks.

    "Oh, I'm fine. Sorry." I wipe my tears with my sleeve.

    "No need to be sorry. Do you want to talk about it?" He asks, sitting by me with a small smile. His demeanor showed kindness and patience, something I really needed right now.

    "Oh, it's just family problems." I say vaguely and wave it off. "It's nothing."

    "Okay, well what's your name?"

    "Oh, I'm Frankie." I say, outstretching my hand, which he takes to shake.

    "Jacobi, or Jacob." He smiles warmly at me. "I'm from North Carolina, came down to live with my mom. Your not the only one with family problems."

    "Yeah, it's not like every families perfect." I say, thinking about my own.

    "That's true." He says, "What grade are you in?"

    "Oh, I'm a Junior. You?"

    "Same," he says. We ended up talking almost all period before the bell rang for the next period, letting our surprisingly smooth conversation come to an end.

    "Hey, can I have your number?" He asks, taking out his sleek gold iPhone. We get up from our seats and I notice he's just a bit taller than me at about 6'1. We walk side by side out the class room while I add myself as a contact on his phone before messaging myself.

    "Here ya go, Jake." He blushes at the nickname before smirking.

    "Cool, it was nice meeting you, Frankie." He says as we go our separate ways.

    Later that day, I watch as Ezra walks out the school with Flora walking with him, her brown hair flowing down her back and her tan skin glowing. Her jade eyes are twinkling as she smiles up at Ezra. He walks to his car after they share a short kiss. He smiles at me and I give a tight, forced one back. We get in the car and he starts it, when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

   I open the message which said Hey Frank, wyd?

    Nothing, just heading home, hbu I reply, smiling a bit that I have some sort of social life.

    "You have other friends besides me?" I hear Ezra chuckle beside me, causing me to look at him. I caught him looking at my phone. "Who's Jacob?" He asks with a hint of jealousy in his crystal blue eyes, I don't know why, he has Flora Greene.

    "A friend. Yes, I said friend." I say as I get another text saying staying after school to try out for basketball team, gtg see u tomorrow.

    K I reply and lock my phone before Mr. Nosy Ezra tries to peek at my conversation.

    "When did you meet this, Jacob," Ezra asks as he grips the steering wheel making his knuckles turn white.

    "In 4th period, why," I ask with a raised brow. He glances at me with a frustrated look on his face. His eyes were not their happy blue color today.

    "No reason, just curious. Can't a guy be curious," he says defensively.

    "No," I retort, looking out the window, "No you can't. It's my life, not yours." My cold tone silences him, making me smile smugly. He deserves it for being so cold. It doesn't matter if he said sorry because I'm still mad at him right now. It's so unlike him to be so moody, so I'll give him the same energy.

     We stayed quiet the whole ride until we arrived at my house. I immediately opened the passenger door and got out the car, closing it behind me. I heard Ezra shout, "Your welcome for taking you home, it was my pleasure," from the car, making me turn around and see him smirking. Flipping him the bird, I roll my eyes and turn around, heading to the house. "I'll pick you up tomorrow, asshole." He chuckles as I hear the car pull out the driveway.