Chapter 11~Sister Love

****Kayla, David, & Baby J****

"Hey baby sister," her voice rings through my ears, and my smile widens. I haven't seen her in over a year and it's been too long. I looked at her more closely. She had looser curls than mine so her curly, long hair was down and framed her beautiful face. She had glowing chestnut skin with her eyes dark brown. She had a dark lipstick on that made her white straight teeth look whiter. She looked so mature with a fitting white shirt, some light blue skinny jeans, and some beige heels.

"When did you get here?" I ask.

"I came here not to long ago and surprised mom at the house...oh.." She looked at the car when I heard a bang. I looked down and saw the cutest chocolate baby with wide brown eyes and a mop of curly black hair. She smiled at me with two front teeth.

"Is this.." I ask her speechless.

"Baby J." My sister smiles, looking at my niece, Jasmine. She was two and looking so beautiful at the moment as she yelled through the window. I opened the door and gathered her in my arms. She wrapped her tiny arms around my neck and yelled out with her high pitched voice jumping in my arms in pure joy.

"Aww, Baby J." I giggle, kissing her chubby cheek and she giggles at me. "I missed you both so much." I smile, with my lip quivering with emotion. My sister hugged me and we had a huge warm group hug, the fact that Ezra never came back to check up on me far from my mind at the moment.

When we got back in the car, we went to an Hibachi Grill where we met my mom, and my sister's boyfriend, David, who smiled at me and gave me a hug. He was from New Orleans and creole with soft, curly black hair that was in a man bun below his head. He kissed my forehead in a brotherly way before looking at me with a smile.

"It's nice to see you again, Frankie." He says with a faint accent.

"It's nice to see you, too, David." I laugh. We all settle down and eat like kings and queens. It was the coolest, but expensive restaurant in town. It was weird that I had workout clothes on but I didn't mind. I ended up sharing my plate with Baby J since she kept stealing my fried rice.

I sat by my sister, who was wiping her babies face with a napkin.

"Sis," she said to me, "I want to know why you were in a sour mood earlier. But you can tell me over cookies n creme tonight, okay?"

"Okay," I say quietly. We all eat and ended up taking doggie bags home. After it took about two hours for Baby J to go to sleep, my
Mom and David said goodnight to us. Kayla decided to stay up with me, and she had to put on her glasses because she was doing homework for college while we ate the rest of our food. Bad Girls Club was turned down and we were in my room, talking and eating like old times.

"You know what I thought you, Frankie. I know momma would've been mad if she found out you beat up a bitch, but I would've been proud if you did." She said, slurping some noodles into her mouth with a frown after I told her about what happened today. "The nerve of the ugly trick."

"I know."  

"And I can't believe Ezra didn't stick up for you! You know I would get jealous of you too because he acts more like a sibling to you than me sometimes? But that's my fault." She chuckles. "But seriously, you have no idea why he's acting so strange?"

"No idea. And I remember yesterday night he went out and after an hour or so later, he came back thinking I was sleep. Then, he seems to have some feelings for me, while he has a girlfriend!"