"... do you actually think that a SHOE would keep me from doing that?"

It was an occasional night for Samuel Morgan. It was mid summer, a light breezy, warm night in the quiet neighborhood as Samuel strolled under the streetlights, trying to find the house he was looking for.

As usual, Samuel has taken a job, and was set to steal a specific and completely unknown artifact - which made Sam wonder why it was so important. Sam discarded the thought quickly again though, as it hit him that if this artifact was so unknown, it probably wouldn't matter too much if something happened to it. It was a nice way for Sam to not feel guilty - not that he ever does feel guilty about stealing. He's gotten used to it - considering he only left the orphanage about a year ago. His climbing and stealing skills - let alone his intelligence - has given him quite the scratch for an 18 year old already.
*
Now as his high tops were treading through the streets, Sam tugged on his denim jacket, nearing the presumed destination. And righty-ho, there is was. The house from the picture he was shown a couple of days before the job.

It was a two story building - a white and beige one. It had flowers scattered here and there and chairs with rosy pillows on the dark porch. Sam bit his lip, trying to figure out how to get inside. Didn't take him long as he spotted the white window on the second floor. Fortunately, he had easy access to the window, as a drainpipe led directly up to it. Not that climbing would've been a hassle for him though.
"Perfect," Sam chuckled to himself.

Supposedly, the owners of the house are on a vacation at the moment - which obviously made Samuels mission a lot easier than intended. So without hesitation, Sam ran onto the property and began climbing the grey pipe, silently. As he reached the window, he swung it open and carefully pulled himself up, landing inside the dark room.

"Eugh... creepy," Sam whispered to himself as he looked around in the dark room, oblivious to what was inside the darkness. He reached for the flashlight in his backpack and turned it on in a second. The light beaming from it lit up the cold room, revealing what looks a master bedroom. A nice king sized bed, an art piece hanging above it, that looks like it's more expensive than Samuels dearly beloved motorcycle, a simple closet with a full sized mirror next to it and a door leading out into a dark hallway.

Sam figured that the artifact was probably in the office. So he stepped out in the hallway and opened each door to find an office. He didn't find much in the 2 rooms besides from the master bedroom on this particular floor. Nothing else than a bathroom and what he'd presume was a teenage-girl's room. Sam took a peak around in it from the door before turning away, starting to head downstairs. He couldn't help but examine the beautiful pictures and quotes on the walls in the girl's bedroom - and of course the books on the shelf.
*
As he went down the stairs, he heard a light thud coming from what he thought was the kitchen. Standing completely still in angst, Samuel steadied his breathing in order for him to listen to every sound in the house.

Nothing.

After standing there for a good minute, he excused himself to continue as he claimed that it was probably nothing. Or at least he hoped.

He walked around in the rooms before opening the sacred door to the finally found office.

Searching for the described artifact, Samuel discovered a glass monitor with what he assumed was the artifact he was in fact looking for. He smiled to himself, seeing this as a victory- didn't even take him 30 minutes. Easy job.

"Who are you?" A voice of a girl asked behind him as the lights in the office turned on. Samuel quickly turned his head around with wide eyes, heart pumping in his chest from the adrenaline. That's the first time Samuel has gotten caught.