Across the table

You sit down at a table across a guy about your age at the library. You figured that this is a good place to study as it's quiet and calm. Plus there are less distractions.

The boy was deeply buried in his book until he noticed you sitting down. His eyes quickly prick up and he sends you a heartwarming smile.

"Hey." He says as he looks into your E/C eyes. You stare into his hazel eyes as you respond. "Hi."

He keeps looking at you for a second before continuing on reading his own book. The book caught your eye and you couldn't help but ask.

"Woah what have you got there?" You ask him. He looks at you with a simple smile and slides the book across the table.

You pick it up.

"A General History of The Robberies and Murders of The Most Notorious Pirates"

"Pirates?" You look at him confused. He doesn't look like the type of guy who would read those kinds of books. He rather looks like the type who would "read" playboy on a daily basis.

"Yeah I'm uh... prettt interested in those. Grew up in a family where Latin and historical figures were our dinner conversations" He responds chuckling, leaning back in his chair, studying your moves as you look at the pages filled with knowledge about pirates from the 16-17th century.

"You like Latin and historical figures? That would've been my last guess." You say as you lean back in your chair as well, tilting your head to the side, sliding the book back to him.

"Oh really?" He leans in.

"Yeah well, I just never thought a pretty boy like you would read those kinds of things."

His smile turns into a cocky smirk and he tilts his head up.

"I get that a lot— the 'pretty boy' part" he says cockily. You "pshhh" at him and roll your eyes.

"Nah but really... I'm pretty dedicated to ancient history. Especially figures like Sir Francis..." You lost track of his sentence and started zoning out, analyzing his face.

His eyes, lips, hair, freckles, shoulders, arms, chest... he's actually pretty hot, not gonna li—

"Hey" You didn't even realize that you were zoning out until he waves his hand in front of your face, chuckling.

"Huh?"

"Am I boring you?" He asks me.

"No no, keep going it was interesting!" You try to save it. Unfortunately, he didn't fall for it.

"Oh really? Then whom was I just talking about?" He smirks whilst crossing his arms playfully.

"Uh... Henry Avery?"

He furrows his brows.

Guess I got it wrong.

"I didn't mention Henry Avery, how do you know him?" He leans towards me across the table, interested.

Oh... not the response I thought I was gonna get, but alright.

You chuckle. "You're not the only one in this town who knows about pirates." He looks amazed at you.

He might've just fallen in love with you, he thought.

"Huh" Is all he said. "What?" You ask him. "No nothing, you just don't look like the kinda girl who'd be interested in those" He smirks and crosses his arms on the table, as so do you. "Guess we both were wrong about each other then." You give him a warm smile and quirk up one of your eyebrows.

He scans my face. His eyes stop for a split second at my lips and then back up at my eyes. Another smirk crosses his face. Weirdly enough, this time it gave you the wildest of butterflies in your stomach you've ever had.

There's something about this guy that really just—

"So, what are you reading up on?" You both come back to reality.

"Uh..." You stumble upon your words as he made you loose yourself when he was scanning your face inch by inch.

"Just history homework, nothing special." You look at your papers, almost getting a mental breakdown from all the questions - how am I supposed to know all this stuff?

"I can help you with that." He licks his lips.
This boy probably knows the answers to all of these questions, as he rambled on about it earlier.

"And what would the price be, good sir?" You ask in a surprisingly seductive voice that you weren't even prepared for yourself. Sam raises and eyebrow and gives you another cocky smirk.
"That you'll come with me to the cinema... there's this new horror movie playing at the moment." Arms still crossed on the table in front of you.

You look at him before hitting the next question: "Where are the seats?"

"All the way in the back." He gives you a simple wink before he slowly slides your homework to his side. "What's it gonna be, Y/N?" He takes the pencil out of your hand.

"Okay. It's a deal." You quirk up your eyebrow, still not removing your eyes from him. It's literally impossible. He chuckles and looks at the questions.

Without even having to read up on them, he just answers them without hesitation.

Okay, he's quite intelligent to say the least.
He even found a mistake your teacher made.

While he did your homework, you slid his book to your side of the table and began reading. You've read this book before, but you didn't make it the whole way through. Now is a good time to read the rest, right?

After about 30 minutes, Sam finished your homework. He turns the paper and slides it to your side. You return his book and look at the papers.

Discretely, he put his number on the bottom of the paper with a winking smiley next to it. You chuckle and look up at him with a smile. He smiles back, puts his book in his backpack and swings it over his shoulders. Standing up from his seat, he clicks his tongue and winks at you saying: "Looking forward to our date" before walking out of the library.

______________

Let me know in the comments if I should make a part 2 of this cute lil story. Love you guys 🖤