Working Hard

Haileys age: 15
Twins age: 1

Dan sat with Winnie in his arms and Susie on the couch next to him. His daughters were both giggling and being all happy. He loved his girls. They made him the happiest person in the world.

Phil was running errands and Hailey was at work. It was her first ever job and Hailey has been doing great. It's at a fast food restaurant in the area, but it isnt bad money and Hailey doesnt mind getting something on her resume.

Dan smiled at his baby girls. Winnie cooed and giggled at her dad. Susie played with her feet and giggled about that. Dan felt so lucky. He had the best daughters a father could ask for.

Hailey showed up at home, her eyes were tired and empty. Her uniform was wrinkled and dirty.
"Hey Dad I'm home..." Hailey said. Her voice sounded dead and broken. Like life was sucked out of her, and Dan knew Hailey had a rough day.

"Honey, come sit down..."
"Dad I'm not-"
"Just sit down next to me. I can make you feel better." Dan said.

Hailey sighed, and reluctantly sat next to her father. Dan handed her Susie who sat in Haileys lap.

"My first job I worked in a DIY store. I know nothing about DIY. I got fired from there actually.  After pushing their panic alarm and lying about it and selling an axe to a 12 year old they couldn't keep me anymore."

Hailey rolled her eyes and snickered.

"Its true. And I hated my job. I was bad at it, but look at me now."

Hailey nodded.

"Dad, people suck. My boss just yells at me. I cant do anything right. The customers are disgusting and someone licked our soda fountain and poured their cream of mushroom soup in the sink." Hailey ranted.

Dan nodded. Hailey looked at him expectantly.

"So is there anything that relates to that?"

"I worked at a grocery store and had to find very specific brands of raisins. Other than that no. But believe me my bosses hated me. I hated the customers they were mean. But its going to be ok." Dan replied.

Hailey nodded once more. She excused herself and went upstairs to change into something more comfortable.

Susie and Winnie giggled together on the floor. Dan reminded of his old jobs understood his daughter. How she felt.

Working is hard and you are expected to do it.

He went upstairs and knocked on her door. Hailey answered, as she finally changed into a hoodie and leggings.
"Sweetheart. If you want to quit go ahead. I wont blame you. But at least try out one more shift. Whenever you are done working there...let me know. I'll help you out. I'm here for you."

Dans words were uplifting and put a smile on Haileys face.

"You're the best dad ever." Hailey replied.

"You're the hardest worker I ever met. Some place will be happy to have you working there. It'll come in time..."

A/N Omg I finally updated. I'm so sorry about the wait. This story was inspired by my own work experience but not exactly to a t. You guys are all so amazing and I'm really working on balancing my life out so I can update these more. I appreciate you all and will continue writing here and continue with your requests. Thank you for all the support guys!!!!.