No Need to be so Protective

Haileys age: 15
Twins age: 14 months
Suggested by HemmingsLukeKitten__

Hailey sat on the couch watching her favorite show. Her hair was pulled half up and was braided down. She wore her favorite lose shirt and shorts. She had a friend coming over today and was waiting for Ashton to arrive. She had known Ashton since she was 9 years old. He moved to the school and since Hailey wasn't as popular, she found it comforting to have someone like her for her.

Dan walked in the room. He smiled at his daughter sitting on the couch.
"When is your friend getting here. I hope she likes Indian food, as Phil's getting some takeaway."
There was a knock on the door.
"Oh he's here!" Hailey squealed, pausing the show and bolting to the door. Dan stood in the doorway.

Her friend is a he?!

Hailey welcomed Ashton into the house. Ashton wore his auburn brown hair slicked back, but neatly. He looked like a teenage movie star. His skin was flawless and wore a gray button up shirt and blue Jean's. Hailey smiled and gave him a hug.
"Hey! Sorry the entry is a little cluttered."
"Aww it ain't that bad. It's nice to see you!" He exclaimed. He pulled Hailey into a hug.

Dan peered through the wall, peeking his head around and watching the interactions as they played out.

"So want to come inside. Oh but please don't take my father the wrong way. Hes overprotective and he thought a girl was coming, so he's going to be a little invasive." Hailey explained.
Ashton laughed and shook his head.
"Well that's fine. He has nothing to worry about."

Dan scowled. This boy was well put together. He had his hair all nice and neat, clean clothes on. This boy seemed like a heartbreaker. Dan didn't want Hailey getting to close. He came downstairs.
"Dad?!" Hailey said as Dan came up to them.
"Hows my lovely daughter? I love you so much. No man will ever be good enough!!!" Dan said. He stared daggers into Ashton.
"Dad you're being strange."
"Introduce me to your new friend."

Hailey looked at her dad, trying to figure out what was going on in his head. She told him Ashton was just a friend.

"Well Dad this is Ashton." Hailey gestured over to Ashton. He just waved at Dan who forced a smile. He kept his arm protectively around Hailey and shook Ashtons hand.
"So Ashton, you have a girlfriend, or is Hailey your girlfriend?" Dan asked.

Hes not subtle. His curiosity got the better of him. He had to know how sly he was.

"Actually sir, my boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. His name is Steven. Hes the one actually picking me up since we have plans after I hang out with Hailey."

Dan's jaw dropped. Hailey tapped her foot. She knew her father was paranoid but this was a whole new level of an awkward situation.

Dan let Hailey go. He hugged Ashton.
"Welcome to my home. My husband should be home soon with some food. You can have some if you want." Dan replied.

Ashton laughed along with Hailey. She was relieved Ashton didn't hate her or her dad.
"Thank you Mr. Howellester."
"Dad can we go hang out now?"

Dan smiled at Hailey. Then the twins began crying upstairs.
"Yeah go ahead. The twins need me. You two will be fine."

Dan walked into the twins room and picked up Winnie out of her crib and rocked her slowly side to side. He then picked up Suise and rested her in his other arm. The girls cried in his arms. He remembers when Hailey was that small. He knew she was always going to be his little girl. But he also knew sometimes he doesnt need to worry about her anymore.

Phil walked in and saw the two children sitting down next to each other laughing and making jokes. He watched from the doorway. Hailey made eye contact with her father.
She saw his eyes go wide.
"He's gay, get over yourself. You should join Dad with the twins. My friend likes boys so we're fine." Hailey said plainly.

Phil sighed of relief. He put the food on the table.
"Have fun you too." Phil said and walked to Dan and the twins.

He came up in the room and grabbed Winnie from Dan.
"So what do we think of Ashton?"
"He's alright. He doesn't mind our crazy so I mean that's a start."

Phil smiled.
He and Dan both knew what it was like to like boys and visit a girl. Hailey was growing up and she will make friends with whoever she wants.

What's the worst that can happen.

A/N Hey happy pride month!!! To all my LGBTQ peeps I love you guys and you guys are so amazing and strong and supportive. I wish you guys an amazing day and I hope you all find this month to bring you guys joy. I'm someone with many close friends and people in my life in the community so this month is very important to me as we spread love and acceptance to people. If you are struggling with your sexuality whether it be from an environment that's homophobic or unsupportive I wish you guys luck and my Wattpad is always a safe, judgefree place for you guys. I hope things get better and stay that way. I love you guys so much and I'll keep posting often since you guys are so amazing and deserve it. Have a wonderful day and check out my YouTube channel NovasMusicLife if you haven't already. Byez