Slipped Part 2

Haileys age:17
Twins age:3
Suggested by calcat18

Phil sat on the hospital bed with the lights turned down. His head pounded, but the medicine was finally kicking in. He felt very floaty. He couldn't believe this was happening. He really couldn't believe it when Hailey walked in. She walked in with the nurse and Louise, who stayed in the back corner while Hailey ran to Phil's arms, broken. She was petrified.

"Hailey sweetheart. Are you-"
"Papa you scared the crap out of me! What happened?!" Hailey said with tears in her eyes.
Phil held her hand, which was shaking so violently.
"I dont really remember. Sweetie I'm ok. Its gonna be alright." Phil said.
He pulled her into a hug, helping her calm down. Hailey held on tight, almost leaving a bruise on Phil's shoulder as she tried to breathe deeply. Louise rubbed her shoulder soothingly. Phil just smiled at Louise, but she understood. She had kids too, and they always come first.

Haileys grip loosened as she pulled away. Her eyes were red and full of tears and she dried them with her sweater sleeve. She looked at Phil, who still held her close.

Phil couldn't remember anything. The car that hit, Dan's face. That scared him more than anything. He couldve lost everything and he wouldn't even remember it happening.

"Dad is really hurt." Hailey whispered.
"No matter what happens, Hailey it's all going to work out. Ok?".
The nurse came in smiling.
"Susie and Winnie are awake."

Hailey smiled at Phil.
"I'll go. Stay right here and rest. We have a while before Dad wakes up. " Her eyes watered.
"Ok papa." She was close to the brink of tears again.

Phil smiled at her and held her hand. "I'm ok. You're sisters ok. And Dad is going to be ok."
"...ok..." Hailey replied.

Her voice was soft, almost like her heart as she tried to hold it together.

Phil left to see the twins. They sat in their hospital beds, hands folded, staring at their nurse who was messing with the IVs in their arms.

"Papa!" Winnie said. Susie's eyes lit up when she saw Phil's face.
"Are you guys ok?" Phil asked hugging his girls.
"I mean as good as we could be. Wheres Dad?" Susie asked. Phil looked at her and brushed her hair from her face like he did with Hailey.

"In surgery. He should be up soon." Phil replied.
Susie nodded.
Winnie held onto her father. Her heart racing.
"Wheres Hailey?"
"She's here, waiting for you guys. We gave her quite a scare." Phil replied to Susie.

Susie fidgeted while the nurse talked to Phil.

"You think Dads actually ok?"
"He has to be ok." Susie replied.

Then Hailey walked in. The twins could see the tear stains on her cheeks. Her face was smiling.
"What Hailey?" Phil asked, worried sick. He ran to her side.

Hailey held Phil, tears spilled out of her eyes but they weren't like before.
She wasnt scared no more.

"Dads awake. Hes ok..." she said.

Phil's eyes smiled at her, they filled with relief and joy. The twins began to cry too.

Their world was turned upside down, but maybe they hadn't actually slipped so far away.

A/N Holy cow I haven't written on here in months. Sorry I'm so bad on updating this. Writers block hasnt been fun and I have been dealing with ALL THE FREAKING EXAMS!!! I will try to improve but i want to thank you guys for being so flexible. I'm doing a lot at the moment and am unable to clear my plate until the end of May ish and I'll try to work around that as best I can. I promised more updates in February and I didnt head my word so to all who still read this regularly, thank you and I'll work on my procrastination and update this for you guys. And yes I'll still work on and finish the prompts you guys gave me since they are freaking awesome. Feel free to request, and I will write it eventually. You're amazing and have an amazing day. Byez.❤