You Need to Know

Haileys age: 16
Twins age: 2
Suggested by calcat18

Hailey came home and threw her bags on the couch. Her hair pulled away from her face, she sighed of relief that the school day was over.
It was a long day.

Her friend was wantingcame out today, and asked Hailey for advice.
Hailey never been through this before, but she couldn't even remember how her dad's came out either. She never even remembered them coming out to her. She just knew they were married and she had two dads. Nothing ever needed and explanation.

Well now here she was waiting for her father's to come home from the radio show and had to ask them something in hopes of helping her friend.

She went into the living room where the Louise was.
"Hey Hailey!" She said hugging Hailey. Hailey smiled and hugged her aunt.
"The girls are great today. I wish I could stay, but I'm going to be here for dinner. I have to get my girls from school. They may need a snack. How was school?"
"School was fine. Just more math and essays to write. "
"Eh we have all been there." Lousie said. She hugged Hailey then said goodbye to the twins and left to get Pearl and Darcy.

Hailey grew up with Darcy. She grew up with both girls. They were both really sweet.

She got the twins some fruit and watched some TV with then while waiting for her dads to come home.

Dan and Phil came home shortly after.

"Here are my beautiful girls!" Dan said as they came inside.
The twins ran into Dan's arms and Phil came and hugged Hailey.
"How are my daughters doing?" Phil asked.

The twins giggled but Hailey stood there.
"Dad, Papa can I ask you something?"

Dan and Phil both looked at each other.
"Sure, honey what's up?" Dan put the twins down in front of the TV and joined Phil and Hailey who moved to the kitchen to talk.
"You guys are gay.."
"Yes, we are but there isnt any-"
Phil began to answer but Hailey cut them off.
"I know that. But how did you tell people? I mean coming out and stuff."

Dan and Phil looked at each other.
"Dan you want to go first."
Dan nodded.

Dan sat down next to Hailey.
"Hailey. Each person has a different story. I had a lot of self hate and depression in mine cause I didnt have the environment that I needed. It took me till I was 28 years old before I was even confident and secure in my sexual identity to even come out. I came out to my family through email and later came out with a video. "
Dan saw his daughter listening intently.
"I never saw the video before.." Hailey said.
"Well you were still young, and you always just knew so..but wait right here." Dan got up to leave and Phil sat down next to Hailey.

"Why has this come up Hailey?" Phil asked brushing Hailey's bangs out of her eyes.
"My friend wants advice on how to come out..." Hailey said
Phil smiled.
"Hailey it depends on her environment. I was able to Express my sexuality when I went to college cause I was in a much different environment. I came out online to my subscribers like Dan did, but after him cause his story had much more he needed to share and he needed the limelight. I was ok being low key cause I knew Dan had more to share and it was going to be a bigger deal for him so I wanted him to get the spotlight. He never showed you cause it exposes some dark insecurities of his past. You should only know of love and joy, and your Dad wanted to protect you from all he suffered."

Hailey nodded.

Dan came back in with a laptop.
"Honey I pulled up both videos. You can watch them if you want. Just know it was very hard for me to make and its-"
"Dad I love you!" Hailey said hugging her father.
"You and Papa are great role models.."

Dan smiled and Hailey went to the laptop and carried it with her.
"Dinner will be ready soon. Watch the videos. Hopefully that answered your question?" Dan asked.
Phil stood next to Dan.

Hailey saw her fathers, being honest and vulnerable. Letting her in on a part of their lives they never really showed anymore.
"It did. It did Dad. Thank you."

Hailey went to her room, and knew exactly what to tell her friend.
I never been where you are, but I know that each person has a different story but share that same fear to Express themselves. You're close friends will never leave if they actually care, and life will get better from here. I got you.

A/N Hey so Dan and Phil came out and I am so proud of them. I love that they are finally feeling comfortable enough to share that part of their lives with us. Some Phannies will take it too far but if all you take from their videos that Phan is more possible and probably real then you need to watch them again. Dan and Phil shared about accepting yourself and that things will get better.

As for my update schedule, I got a job recently and will be fairly busy for a bit. I will still update as often as possible.

I love all you guys and I wish you all the well. I will be updating ASAP. Have a great day and byez.

Check out my YouTube channel NovasMusicLife btw