Velma x reader (Guy's side) Final Chapter: A Happy Ending to A New Beginning

(Y/N) POV:

While Wanda Grubwort slowly walks towards us with a creepy smile on her face, Shaggy and I back up.

"Velma, please, snap out of it," I say, hoping she can hear us.

"Like, come on, V. You gotta listen to us," says Shaggy. "You're stronger than this thing inside of you. You're stronger and you're smarter and you're cuter."

"I am?" we hear Velma ask, her voice sounding normal again.

Both mine and Shaggy's eyes widen in shock, surprised to hear her. But even so, to hear her voice and not Wanda Grubwort's gives us all the proof we need to know that Velma is still in there somewhere.

"Of course you are. You're practically the cutest girl me and Shaggy have ever met," I say, not sure what came over me as I pour my heart out. "Heck, everything about you is cute. Like the way your pleated skirt ruffles when you run from ghosts. And how you lose your glasses at the most inopportune moments."

"Yeah. Yeah, as a matter of fact, that might be the cutest thing of all," Shaggy says, agreeing with me.

"(Y/N)? Shaggy?" we hear Velma say. "Help me."

"Velma, listen to me, you've got to stay strong," I try to encourage, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I know you can do it."

"Yeah, listen, V. You gotta fight this old witch," Shaggy says, gently holding one of Velma's hands.

"Okay. (Y/N), Shaggy, I'll try. I'll try," Velma says, nodding her head and smiling at us. The moment she says that, her voice and expression changed, showing that Wanda Grubwort's taking hold of her again. She yanks her hand away from Shaggy and shoves me away from her. "No, you won't!"

Wanda Grubwort then uses her staff on us, using her magic to pin us to the wall.

"Well, at least now we can both finally say we've been picked up by a girl," says Shaggy.

"I don't think this really counts, Shag," I say, trying to break free.

After a moment or two, Wanda Grubwort releases us, causing me and Shaggy to fall to the ground.

"...You really are the lowest of the low, Wanda Grubwort. Taking hold of someone is one thing. But possessing someone that I care about is different!" I exclaim, fed up with this witch using Velma's body to do this.

Shaggy and I then get up. "Knock us down all you want, Wanda Grubwort, but we're not gonna let a couple of stupid moonstones take our friend away," he declares.

That's when I realize something. If the moonstones are the source of her power, then all we need to do is get that staff away from her, and destroy those rocks. The only question is how to do it.

"Oh, wait, moon. Oh, that's it," Shaggy says, realizing something.

"What's it? And hopefully you've got a better plan this time," I say, as me and Shaggy back up to the wall, while Wanda Grubwort walks closer to us.

"You and me both, (N/N)," he says. Then all of a sudden, Shaggy starts...singing? "By the light of the silvery moon."

"What are you doing?" I ask, thinking that now is not the time for a musical.

"I don't know! I just felt like it!" Shaggy exclaims, slightly freaking out. Whether it's from embarrassment or something else, I'll never know. "By the light."