Shaggy x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 2: Explanations/Directions

(Y/N) POV:

After catching Fred and Daphne kissing, we all got into the van, as ready as can be to get a move on to Daphne's uncle's country club. Eventually, after passing the "Now leaving Coolsville Stay Cool" sign, Shaggy decided to speak up.

"Well? I for one think we deserve an explanation," he says, earning a nod of agreement from Scooby, (F/A/N) and me.

"Yeah," says Scoob.

"Yes. There's always been an undeniable chemistry between you two, but--When did the transformative reaction finally occur?" Velma asks.

The moment she points that out, I begin to wonder myself on how these two ended up together. I mean, it's plain obvious they've been digging on each other for quite a while now, the question is how and when it started.

"I guess it started that night at Old Man Frickert's," Fred says.

"Yeah. Remember, (Y/N), Velma?" Daphne asks. "We followed the trail of the vengeful scarecrow up into the hayloft,"

(flashback)

I remember that. Since we didn't know where else to look, the gang and I all split up. While Fred, and (F/A/N) decided to investigate outside of the barn, the others and I went inside to see if we could find anything, maybe even some clues. The barn was two stories high, which is why Velma, Daphne and I decided to investigate the hayloft, while Shaggy and Scooby would take a look on the ground floor.

"This is impossible," says Daphne.

"Yeah, good luck finding anything in here," I say, pointing out how hard it's going to be to find any clues in this much piles of hay.

"Yes, if I wasn't so pun averse, I might even say it's like looking for a needle in a haystack," Velma says.

Hearing that, the three of us can't help but laugh at Velma's joke. Our laughter is soon short-lived, however, when we hear a loud roar as the vengeful scarecrow appears from one of the piles of hay.

"Didn't scare you, did I?" the vengeful scarecrow asks, walking towards Daphne.

Daphne backs up until her back hits one of the barn's windows, causing it to open. She begins to lose her balance, and screams while falling.

"Daphne!" I yell, scared and worried about her.

Not having much time to react, Velma and I head back to Shaggy and Scooby. We all try to make a run for it, while the vengeful scarecrow keeps chasing after us, eventually leading us to the barn's entrance.

"Like, run!" Shaggy screams.

"What is it, Shaggy?" Fred asks.

As we all run out of the barn, I see Fred holding Daphne in his arms, meaning that he must've saved her from her fall.

"Let's just say that this one's gonna be a real barn burner!" Shaggy exclaims, still running, with me, Velma and Scooby following right behind him.

Fred quickly sets Daphne back on her feet as we all make a run for it away from the barn, just in time for it to burn into flames.

(flashback ends)

As I think back on it, I begin to realize that I might've noticed something was going on between Fred and Daphne since that night and just hadn't put much thought into it, thinking that it was no different from what we usually did when solving mysteries.