Daphne x reader (Guy's side) Final Chapter: A Happy Ending to A New Beginning

(Y/N) POV:

While the others and I were running from the Lake Monsters, we somehow got separated from Shaggy, making me believe that he must've stayed behind to help Velma.

"This is like biology class, except this time the frogs are gonna dissect US!" Daphne exclaims, running in front.

"Less smart remarks, more running!" I exclaim, running as fast my legs can go, with (F/A/N) right next to me.

Eventually, and I'm not sure how, but we at some point had lost Scooby. And those monsters were gaining on us.

"Run, run!" Fred exclaims, letting me and (F/A/N) go in front of him. Fred then punched a wooden pillar, thankfully, making the ceiling of the cave collapse. The rubble then created a cave-in, preventing the creatures from coming after us. "That ought to hold them for a while. Come on."

We kept running for who-knows-how-long, until we stop in our tracks. "It's a dead end," I say, seeing no other path for us to escape through.

(F/A/N) rubs his/her head against my leg, scared, making me rub his/her head to try and comfort him/her.

"I'm sorry, Daphe. I really was a jerk," Fred says all of a sudden.

"I'm sorry too, Fred," Daphne says. "I never should've tried to make you jealous," she then turns her attention towards me. "And (Y/N), I'm sorry for not understanding that you had feelings for me. Not only was I being a terrible friend, but I should have asked what you really thought about me, to see whether you liked me back or not."

Hearing this makes me smile a little. "I'm sorry, too. For not saying anything to you guys sooner. Maybe if I did, we probably wouldn't have ended up in this mess," I say, then take a deep breath. "And I know that this isn't the right time, but...Daphne, if by some miracle, we make it out of here, would you, maybe, go on a date with me?"

I know that now isn't the best time, but if we're gonna die, then I'd at least like to try and tell Daphne how I feel about her. Daphne gives me a smile, but before she even has the chance to answer, we hear the sound of a roar, meaning that the monsters somehow caught up with us. One after the other, they appear, getting closer to us. As the others and I back up, I protectively wrap my arms around Daphne. We all close our eyes, waiting for these things to do who-knows-what to us.

However, after a moment or two of waiting, I take notice that nothing's happening. The others and I all look up to find that the creatures are gone. We all look around to see if they're actually gone or not, when we hear the sound of a frog's croak, making us look down to see that the monsters had turned back into four harmless frogs.

"But how?" Daphne asks.

It doesn't take me long to realize the answer. "Shaggy. He must've helped get that witch out of Velma, somehow. And probably broke Wanda Grubwort's spell," I say, relieved to know that he actually did it.

"I think you're right. Come on," Fred says.

We then backtrack all the way to Shaggy and Velma, just in time to see them having a romantic moment.

"Those things you said to me. Did you really mean all of that?" Velma asks.

"Of course I did. I've been trying to say it ever since we got here," says Shaggy.

At this, I can't but smile, having the feeling that Shaggy's feelings for Velma are what helped her break free from Wanda Grubwort's control. Seeing them makes me proud to know that my childhood friend has finally confessed to Velma.