Shaggy x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 10: Next Course of Action

(Y/N) POV:

After I had calmed down from crying. I went with Shaggy to go look for Fred and Daphne. Thankfully, the fog died down, making it easier for us to find them.

Shaggy calls out to them. "Hey, guys!"

"(Y/N), Shaggy, you're okay," Fred says.

"Wait, where's (F/A/N)?" Daphne asks, noticing that he's/she's not with us.

"Don't worry, he's/she's fine," I say, to reassure them.

"And we are, too, but has anyone seen Velma?" hearing him say that makes me, Fred and Daphne confused of what Shaggy's talking about. "Before the monster attacked, she was out here, I know it," Shaggy then starts to freak out. "Oh, no. Oh, you don't think the Lake Monster got to her, do you?"

"Shaggy, calm down," I say.

"Like, don't tell me to calm down! I've seen monster movies! I know how this works!" he exclaims, his fear levels going from a 10 to an 11, as he makes roaring and screaming sounds.

"Shaggy, Shaggy. Calm down, okay?" Fred asks, getting my childhood friend's attention. "We're gonna find her."

"Yeah," Daphne says, her and I nodding in agreement.

"Let's go," I say.

"Okay," Shaggy says, taking deep breaths to calm himself.

With that, Fred, Daphne, Shaggy and I had been up all night, looking for Velma. When we couldn't find her anywhere near the Country Club, we decided to check the beach, as the sun came up, making it easier for us to see where we're going. We kept calling out her name, hoping she'd at least answer us. Just as I begin to think of the worst, I notice something orange on the beach.

There's only one person I know who wears that much orange.

"Guys! I think I found her!" I call out, to get everyone's attention.

Quickly catching up to me, we all run to see Velma lying down on a rock. We all gasp, however, when we see her not moving.

No way, she can't be, can she...?!

As if reading my thoughts, Shaggy speaks up. "Oh, no. She's dead!" trying hard not to cry, Daphne and I bury our faces on Fred's shoulders. "Oh, she looks so peaceful. Oh, I can't look!"

Shaggy then buries his own face on Fred's shoulder, too. I'll admit, I hated how Shaggy's attention was always on Velma, but I never wanted THIS to happen to her! She's one of my best friends. I'm not even sure if my ears were playing tricks on me, but after a moment or two, I thought I heard something groan.

"Uh...Guys?" Fred asks, gaining our attention.

We all look to see Velma moving. I let out a sigh of relief, glad to see that she was asleep and not dead.

"What's going on?" Velma asks, as Fred and Shaggy help her up.

"Oh, it's a miracle," says Shaggy.

"What happened to you last night, Velma?" Fred asks.

"Yeah. We were all worried about you," I say, earning a nod of agreement from Daphne.

"I don't know. I couldn't sleep, so I went for a walk by the lake. But then that fog rolled in and..." as Velma explains, she pauses for a minute, making all of us confused. I mean, what exactly happened her, when she was taking a walk last night? Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Velma continues, giving us a smile. "Well, I must have gotten lost. I sat down to wait until it lifted and I must have fallen asleep."