Daphne x reader (Guy's side) Chapter 13: Realizing the big picture

(Y/N) POV:

I'm not sure how long I was unconscious. But once I open my eyes, I find myself lying on the floor. As I carefully sit up, I start to remember what happened.

I must've blacked out when Wanda Gurbwort used her staff on us.

"Well, there's another mystery solved, huh, gang?" Fred asks.

"You can say that again," I say, walking towards Daphne.

"What in the world is going on?" Daphne asks, as I carefully help her step over the couch. "Why is Velma doing this?"

"Oh, no," Shaggy says, gasping in realization. "You don't think my passions drove her mad, do you?"

Hearing that makes us all roll our eyes at him for being so silly. "I'm sure there's something bigger than that going on, Shags," says Fred.

It's then that I start to recall what Velma(?) said before she used that staff. "Wait a minute. Before I blacked out, I recall her saying that she plans to make everyone pay," I say, gaining everyone's attention. "Now, call me crazy, but I think that Velma might somehow be possessed by Wanda Grubwort."

Hearing that makes Daphne roll her eyes at me, not that I blame her. "Come on, (Y/N). There's just no way that can be true," she says.

Before any of us can say anything, we hear someone speak up. "Actually, what he just said is true," we all turn our attention to see Ms. Trowburg, walking down the stairs, holding her head in pain. "Your friend has indeed been possessed by the spirit of the witch Wanda Grubwort."

Shaggy then sighs. "Oh, great, my first love and she's turned into an evil witch," he says.

"Join the club," says Fred, earning a glare from Daphne.

Later, after cleaning up some of the mess, we all sit down on a dining table in the kitchen, to hear if Ms. Trowburg knows anything about her evil ancestor, and also a way to save Velma. While hearing what she has to say, Scooby and (F/A/N) get together to make an ice pack to help take care of the bump on Ms. Trowburg's head.

"It was that staff," Ms. Trowburg explains before making the sound of an explosion. "She must have found the pieces that have been buried all these many years."

Shaggy then smiles sheepishly, looking nervous about something. "Like, by any chance, did moonstones play any part in this?"

Hearing him ask that makes me recall what happened at the beach. I remember Shaggy telling me that him and Velma found a moonstone that day.

That must've been what caused Velma to be possessed by Wanda Grubwort.

As if to prove my point, Ms. Trowburg nods her head to Shaggy's question. "As soon as your friend touched one of those rocks, the spirit of my evil ancestor took hold of her, and compelled her to find the rest," she explains.

As we all process this, (F/A/N) gently hands the ice pack to Ms. Trowburg.

"So, it's been Velma the entire time?" Daphne asks.

"Oh my god," I say in realization.

"What is it, (Y/N)?" Fred asks.

"It was right there this whole time," I say, making everyone confused. I then turn my attention on Shaggy. "Shaggy, remember what happened at the beach, by the lake, when you and Velma found that moonstone? Wanda Grubwort's spirit must've taken hold of Velma, the moment she picked up that stone."