Velma x reader (Guy's side) Chapter 12: Unmasking the Witch

(3rd) POV:

After the fight Shaggy had got into with (F/A/N) and Scooby, none of them said a word to each other, even after returning to their rooms. Not only that, but Scooby grabbed a container, painting a red line across the room, with some help from (F/A/N). It was understandable why they would act this way, and Shaggy knows the reason.

He had been so focused on Velma, that he failed to realize that, like him, his childhood friend has been crushing on the same girl. And because of his screw up, he's been having a hard time deciding what to do, on whether he should be with Velma or not. Not long afterwards, (Y/N), Fred and Daphne came in Shaggy's room, dripping wet, making Shaggy confused on what happened.

(Y/N) POV:

"Like, what happened to you guys?" Shaggy asks, when me and the others enter his room.

"What happened?" Daphne asks, with a smile. "We broke up, that's what happened."

"Yeah, best decision I ever made, too," says Fred.

"Did you say best decision you ever made?" Daphne asks. "That's funny, because I broke up with you."

"What? You did not," Fred denies.

"I did so," Daphne argues.

It's true. Fred and Daphne are no longer a couple. The reason why is because while investigating that boat, we somehow got locked in the Archives Room, and almost died from drowning. And while trying to get out, Fred and Daphne got into an argument. I'll skip the details, but one thing's for sure is that even though we made it out alive, it did not end well, causing Fred and Daphne to break up with each other.

Before the two of them could argue (again), Shaggy speaks up. "Guys? Guys. That's a real bummer and all, but I kind of meant why are you wet?"

Fred, Daphne and I look down, seeing that our clothes haven't dried up yet. "Oh, that. Well, let's just say we almost got in over our heads," Daphne says, making me nod my head in agreement.

"But we did figure out that Wanda Grubwort has descendants, and that one of them might be trying to rebuilt her magical staff," I explain, before Daphne and I go grab the phone book to look up the list of names of people that live in town.

(3rd) POV:

"Hey, how'd it go with Velma?" Fred ask Shaggy, while making sure (Y/N) and Daphne are out of ear-shot.

At this, Shaggy frowns and crosses his arms. "Yeah, um. Ask my waiters," he says, pointing to Scooby, who is painting a red line across the ceiling, then gestures to (F/A/N), who grabbed a towel for (Y/N) to use to dry himself. Seeing (Y/N) made Shaggy sigh. "...I also don't want to talk about it."

"Why? What happened?" Fred asks.

"......Let's just say that I really screwed up. I found out from (F/A/N) and Scooby that (N/N) also has had a crush on Velma for a while now. And seeing me trying to show affection to Velma wasn't helping," Shaggy explains, making sure to choose his words carefully, while also making sure (Y/N) and Daphne don't overhear.

Fred's eyes widen in shock, surprised to hear what Shaggy had just told him. But as he put some thought into it, he realized that the girl (Y/N) was talking about, about being in love with, was Velma this whole time. It also made sense on why (Y/N) hadn't been himself, because he was jealous about Shaggy being the one to go on a date with Velma. Not long after, they hear Daphne speak up.