Daphne x reader (Guy's side) Chapter 9: The Lake Monster Strikes Again

(Y/N) POV:

After what happened today, I stayed cooped up in my room, refusing to come out, still heartbroken about Daphne. As pathetic as this might sound, I just don't feel like doing anything anymore, not when my heart has been crushed, especially when Daphne obviously likes Fred and not me. I told (F/A/N) and he/she was not happy about it.

"(Y/N), you've been in here ever since you came back from your shift," (F/A/N) says. "What you're doing to yourself isn't healthy."

I let out sigh. "I know. I just...I don't know what to do anymore. I know it's only been a few days now. But no matter what I do, it feels like Daphne never takes notice of how I feel about her. She's only interested in Fred."

"Well, I don't know what else to tell you...Maybe it just wasn't meant to be after all," he/she says. I stayed silent, thinking it over, while also feeling worse about the subject. (F/A/N) then speaks up, giving me a smile. "Tell you what? Why don't we go see if Shaggy and Scooby are up for making midnight snacks and then see what they have to say? Sound good?"

"...I guess..." I say, still depressed.

"Good! Let's go!" he/she exclaims, grabbing my hand, and practically dragging me out the door.

Sometimes I wonder where all of that strength of his/hers comes from.

When we walked inside of Shaggy and Scooby's room, we come across quite the unexpected scene. Kneeling down on one leg down, Shaggy holds Scooby's paw, while smiling. And Scoob has what looks to be red lickerish in the form of glasses on his face. They must not have noticed me or (F/A/N), because neither of them even glanced at us.

Is he practicing his lines to ask Velma out on a date?

As if to answer my unsaid question, Shaggy speaks up. "I like you, Velma Dinkley. So, what do you say? Will you go on a date with me?"

"Sorry, not my type," Scooby responds.

I guess it was a good thing (F/A/N) brought me here, after all. Seeing how goofy Shaggy and Scooby can be always brings a smile to my face. I can't even hold in my laughter, making Shaggy and Scooby turn their attention on me and (F/A/N).

"(N/N), (F/A/N)! .......Like, please don't tell me you just heard that?" Shaggy asks, looking jumpy, and possibly embarrassed.

"Not if you didn't want us to," I say, to reassure him, and to help him calm down a little.

"Were you rehearsing lines to say to Velma when you ask her out?" (F/A/N) asks.

"Like, yeah. At first, I thought of asking you for help, (N/N), for some support and advice. But then thought that wouldn't be the best idea, since you've got your own problems with Daphne," Shaggy explains.

"Thanks, Shags. And don't worry about it," I say, glad to know that I have such a supportive friend. "So, how's rehearsal going?"

"Not that good," Shaggy says with a sigh, turning his attention back to Scooby. "Like, come on, Scoob. Help a guy out here."

"Forget Velma," Scooby says before eating his red lickerish glasses. "Rime for a ridnight rack."

"What?" Shaggy and I ask in sync.

"A ridnight rack. You know. A rouple of randwhiches, a rag of ribs, repperoni?" Scooby asks.

Shaggy and I both look at each other, still having no clue as to what Scooby is saying.