Velma x reader (Guy's side) Chapter 3: Summer jobs, here we come

(Y/N) POV:

Thanks to Velma getting us the directions we needed, we finally made it to the Country Club. And let me tell ya, the place looks amazing; even better than I imagined.

"Pretty swank, Daphe," Fred says.

"You can say that again. If I could, I'd definitely live here," I say, already impressed with how the place looks.

"Yeah, looks like my uncle really outdid himself this time," says Daphne.

Once Fred parks the van near the front entrance, we all get out. The moment we do, we are greeted by none other than Daphne's uncle.

"Is that my favorite niece?" Daphne's uncle asks, letting out a warm-hearted laugh.

"Uncle Thorny," Daphne says, her and her uncle giving each other a hug. "Thank you again, uncle. I don't know what we would've done without these summer jobs."

"Yeah. And, again, just for the record, it's a well-known fact that scarecrows are afraid of fire--"

Before Shaggy can even finish that sentence, Fred zips his lip, so that he'd stop talking.

"Gang, I'd like you to meet Thorton Blake IV," Daphne introduces.

"Fifth, actually," Mr. Thorton corrects.

"Uncle Thorny, this is the gang. This is (Y/N), Shaggy, Fred, Velma, and (F/A/N)," Daphne says, introducing us one at a time.

While doing so, Mr. Thorton shakes hands with me, Shaggy and Velma, shares a fist-bump with Fred, and strokes (F/A/N)'s head a little. But just as Daphne's about to introduce Scooby--

"Scooby-Doo. Rice to reet you, Uncle Thorny," he says, shaking hands with Daphne's uncle, and then grabbing his camera to take a picture of himself and Mr. Thorton. "Smile,"

"Well, I'm sure glad to have you all on board this summer," Mr. Thorton says with a smile. "Grab your stuff, get settled, and park that thing in the back. Oh, and you're gonna need to get a good night's sleep. Your shifts start at 6 a.m. sharp,"

Just like how a boss should act towards his new employees.

I mean, it makes sense that he'd start to treat us like employees right on the spot instead of friends. Just because we're friends with Daphne, doesn't mean we should be given the special treatment, right? Especially when it comes to the old saying "He who does not work, does not eat".

Not long after Mr. Thorton leaves, Shaggy speaks up. "There's a 6 a.m.?"

We all roll our eyes at him for being his usual silly-self and then head to the Staff Quarters, where we'll be staying for the entire summer. Once we picked a good spot to park the van, we all started to grab all of our luggage. We even discussed who we'd be sharing rooms with: Shaggy with Scooby, me with (F/A/N), Velma with Daphne, and Fred would be the only one with his own room. The only problem is that while the rest of us packed...a normal size amount of things to bring for the summer, Daphne had packed a lot, and I do mean a lot.

"And that one. It's my makeup," Daphne says, pointing to one of her bags.

An entire suitcase just for makeup? Even though I'm friends with her, I don't think I'm ever going to understand Daphne's way of packing.

Being the nice person that I am, I decided to help Fred out by carrying some of Daphne's luggage, since he looked like he was having a hard time carrying so much. "Here. It'll be easier this way then having you carry everything," I say, holding one of Daphne's suitcases in each arm.