Chapter 20~The wedding night

(The dress in the picture is the dress that is mentioned in the story/Megs wedding dress)
Hi guys!! So as most of you read in my "Authors Note" my phone isn't quite working cause my mother had the phenomenal idea to throw a water balloon at me while I was on my phone so my darling angel, Stella will publish the chapters I send her so you could all read the story! Thank you, yours truly ~Keyschla 💖

Meg and Erik made their way back to the lair.
As they walked in, Erik stood in front of Meg. Holding her hands he asked
"Meg... Do you want to marry.. tonight?"
Meg squinted her eyes in confusion, then smiled and asked "what? "
"It's okay if you do not wish to, I underst-"
She placed both her hands on each side of his face, pulled him close and cut him off with a kiss.
She looked deep into his and said
"I do"
They both smiled and kissed again.
Meg pulled away first
"Wait, wait, wait!! " she said with a giggling voice, running twords the pile of clothes she had brought down with her.
She grabbed all the clothes off the bed and went to a different room of the lair to change.
She looked through the clothes she had in her hands looking for a good dress she could put on. She only had a few dresses and an even fewer good looking ones.
She then saw one that she'd forgot about. It was a long white dress given to her by her mother some time ago. It had short sleeves that puffed out just the slightest and lines near the bottom to give it the smallest details. Although it wasn't the most fanciest dress for a bride on her wedding day, it was the best she had. She quickly began to put it on.
When she was finally done she quickly began to do her hair. Trying to make it look presentable, she tried smoothing it down near the front. She ran her palm down her bangs just above her forehead. Taking a ribbon that was tied around a rose that was given to her by Erik the night they confessed they're love for each other, she grabbed some hair from the front of her face and began to tie the ribbon into a bow along with the hair.
Meg felt butterflies all around her stomach. She couldn't believe what was about to happen. She was going to marry the person she loved and wanted to spend her life with.
Slowly walking out of the room she had just been in, she saw Erik. His back was facing her. She recognized that he had also changed. He was wearing his white shirt, the one that has ruffles at the front. She also noticed that there were flowers and candles that weren't there before. They made the moment all the more magical and romantic.
Erik then turned around, and their eyes met. He looked at her in the dress she was wearing.
"I know its not the perfect dress for a wedding but-
"You look beautiful" He said cutting her off.
She smiled
"You do too"
They began to walk closer to each other.
Erik gave her a rose, held her hand and gave her a kiss on her forehead.
They stared into each other's eyes, and for a moment, nothing else mattered.
"Meg, you are, and always will be my entire life.
You were there in my darkest nights.
You always make me smile and whenever I'm around you I feel a certain way that only you can make me feel.
You know that you could never have a normal life with me and you still chose to leave everything behind for me.
I promise to always love you and be the best husband for you. I love you Meg Giry, with all that I am, I love you and I will never stop loving you. All I ask of you is that anywhere you go let me go too, and to love me."
Meg couldn't hold the tears back anymore, they began to slip out and stream down her cheeks.
"Erik, when I first met you, I saw who you are. I saw that you are a man who is so tremendously talented. You are someone who is so beautiful and I will never stop saying it to you. Even if no one else can see it, you are true beauty, you are absolutely beautiful. Your charming and dashing and I will always love you, not only because of gorgeous you are, but because you have a beautiful soul you just need someone to remind that.
I know who you are, I see you.
I promise that no matter what happens I will always stay by you and remain loyal to you and only you. I will always follow where you may go, I will always love you.
I want to spend my lifetime loving you, i will be your light and I can promise you that you are safe and that your fears are far, far behind you.
I love you so much, more than you'll ever know.
As your wife, I will never abandon you or hurt you in any way. "
Both Meg and Erik were crying by now.
They stood in the candle illuminated room, admiring the beauty of night and each other.
They pressed their foreheads against each others and closed their eyes for a moment.

"I love you Erik, so much... I love you"
"I love you Meg" He responded