Chapter 10~

Megs room hadn't been damaged by the fire in anyway since the authorities managed to put of the fire before it became to enormous. Her mother was outside helping those who needed help.
Meg sobbed. Erik was no longer with her. What is she to do now?
He was the only one who understood her. she was worried about him
Where could he have gone? She didn't know. She was sure that was the last time she would ever see him. The last time she ever touched him. The last time his eyes would meet hers.

Meanwhile beneath the opera house~

Erik returned to his lair when he knew it was safe to do so. The opera house was almost empty, many had left. He sat down at the edge of his bed. He thought of Christine. How sorrowful he was he would never see her again. His mind traveled back to the night she had kissed him. Remembering what Meg had told him and looking back at her words, he realized it was a kiss of pity, not love. Christine didn't love him, she never did. She used him. His sadness turned to hatred, the tears he cried turning to tears of anger. Christine never tried to understand him.
"She did not know me enough to judge me" He thought to himself. How could he have been so foolish? How could he even begin to imagine that Christine would spend her life with him? A hideous beast underneath and Opera House. Christine never saw him, the real him.
Now, Erik truly was alone.Meg wasn't there. Now, he indeed had no one.
"Meg... " he thought "Meg.. "
She saw him. She would always come to him, even after his outbursts which she had no fault for. He had taken advantage of all the times she came to see him with a smile on her face. How he wished he could just see her, one.. more.. time.
He had never felt this way twords her, it was all new emotions he had twords his long time friend. He realized, without Meg, he really had no one. He longed just to see her again, to hug her in one of those tight hugs she always gave him when he was in pain. He had tears streaming down his cheeks, his hands were in fists, using them to cover his face. He missed Meg Giry with all his soul. She brought him happiness, without her, he simply had none.
As if by some miracle, like God was hearing his cries, he felt a hand over his shoulder. He looked up and was met with a girl who had tears in her eyes as well. It was Meg. Jumping from his side of the bed, he quickly made his way over to Meg. He took Meg into his arms and held her tightly, she did the same. All that mattered in that moment was that he was now reunited with his friend, a very good friend.