He just has to let me in. He needs me.

Eventually, I decide to pull myself together. I sit up straight, pull my legs towards my chest. Place my chin on top of my knees and wait for him. Tears still spill here and then but for the most part I'm fine. It will be alright. Everything will be okay.

After every struggle comes a blessing, Cyrus is my blessing. Hopefully in due time, he shall feel the same way about me.

I just need to put my big girl panties on and focus on him. By the time, he reenters the room carrying a tray of food inside of his hand my tears are all dried out, my mind is made up and my head automatically lifts.

The mingled spices and mouthwatering flavors invade my sense causes my stomach to grumble.

"I thought you weren't hungry," patronizes Cyrus, while placing the tray full of food down onto the nightstand beside the bed.

"I'm not," I lie but my stomach telltales with another grumble. The ultimate betrayal!

My eye catches a glimpse of Cyrus handsome faces lighten up, I think. But then again, I'm not really sure because the light disappeared quicker than the light burns out on a firefly tale.

Not to mention my blurry vision and the throbbing pain inside of my head maybe causing me to see things that are not really there.

"You're a terrible liar, Embry." Cyrus recites the words that I've now grown used to hearing. "Here, try this," he says, picking up a plate of pasta and placing it down onto the bed directly in front of me. "I hope you like pasta. I order the cook to whip you up something quick."

"Thank you," I tell him, trying my hardest not to look at the delicious smelling pasta on the plate.

If I look, I'll indulge and if I indulge. I know for a fact that I will simply devour the meal.

I can't do that. Cyrus is a King, meaning he needs a Queen.

Queens don't eat like savages.

"Says who," I can almost hear my wolf growl inside of my head. She's such a beast.

"You don't have to thank me," Cyrus says, regaining my attention. "Now eat!"

My wolf howls within me because of his commandment. She believes that our mate demanding for us to eat means that he cares about our health. I'll be a big fate liar if I said that my wolf and my human side opinion in this matter weren't neutral.

It makes me feel all warm and bubbly inside that my mate is demanding that I eat.

I use my free hand to put my first fork full of pasta inside of my mouth. The meaty tomato and basil base pasta is so good I moan from the taste. I try to take my time.

I swear that I'm attempting to chew before swallowing but I can't help but to swallow and slurp. Almost instantly it starts to become harder and harder for me to mind my manners.

Completely out of my control I start to devour the meal like a famished dog. It takes me less than 3 minutes to finish my helpings.

Mm! Mm.... Good!

My eyes nearly pock out of my socket when I release that Cyrus is sitting in one of the black leather seats in the center of the room doing nothing other than watching me. I was so focused on the food. My little Miss Uppity Queen act has become an epic fail.

Now grant I'm sitting on a bed in chains. But still, I could have at least attempted to show him that I can demonstrate proper table manners. Oh, the embarrassment! He must think that I'm some sort of pig.