Chapter 20: Modern Day Life Lesson Nineteen

Começar do início

Just then, the bell indicating the start of the afternoon class sounded. "Oh shit, I totally forgot we still got classes!!" Subaru shouted in his mind in panic, but then he looked down at Emilia. She was still fast asleep and looked much more peaceful. "This must've been bothering you for quite a while, right?" Subaru said quietly, caressing her face gently. "Let's just skip the afternoon classes." He muttered, looking up at the sky as the afternoon breeze blew by.

When Emilia woke up in a startle, it was already ten past three. Realizing what time it was and the fact that two classes were missed, Emilia, pulling Subaru of course, rushed downstairs to the teachers' office and apologized to Matsushita sensei, saying that she fell sick during the lunch break and fell asleep, and Subaru was looking after her. Matsushita sensei kindly said that it was nice of Subaru to look after Emilia but he still should've brought her to the nurse's office and gone to class instead. Subaru bowed and apologized as well, and when he was about to leave, she reminded him to go apologize to Kishitsuji sensei as well. 

Subaru stiffened and nodded hastily. There were two teachers' offices, and Kishitsuji sensei's desk was in the office next door to the teachers' office where Matsushita sensei's was located, and Subaru was planning to just run for it the moment he left the office. Subaru walked on, keeping his head as low as possible and trying not to attract any attention, and when he walked past the last door to the teachers' office and was about to run off, a hand reached out from the door and took hold of the back of his collar. "Good afternoon, young sir, may we have a talk in here??" A voice said, and Subaru felt a terrible chill down his spine. He turned stiffly around, his heart thumping his chest so loud that it could outcompete a bass drum. Kishitsuji sensei was looking out the office door, half of his body behind the door and half of his face shadowed.

"O-O-Oh... good a-a-afternoon, K-K-Kishitsuji sensei..." Subaru said, forcing a very stiff smile on his face. "S-Sensei, if y-you don't m-mind, the recess i-is almost over s-so I g-gotta go to m-my next c-class..." He said, trying to run away, but all he achieved was running in the same spot as if he was on a treadmill. "Oh, now you remembered that you got classes huh?" Kishitsuji sensei said, starting to pull Subaru into the office slowly. Subaru tried running faster and harder, but all he did was making his shoes start to smoke. "It's okay, Natsuki-kun. We all know that the long recess in the afternoon is twenty minutes long. We have ten minutes left. Don't worry." Kishitsuji sensei said, and Subaru started screaming.

"D-DAREKA!!! T-TASUKETEKURE!!! KOROSARECHAU!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!" His final scream echoed in the corridor, and the door closed and Subaru's scream died away. "Well, this is nostalgic. I almost forget he's always this dramatic." Matsushita sensei said with a smile. Emilia gave a few awkward laughs, bowed, and decided that it was better for her to just go back to her classroom as soon as possible.

"That is quite impressive," Aki said, standing at the end of the corridor and looking at the direction where the office was. "I came down here to ask for some partial credits for my quiz but I think that is worth the few points." He said and walked away. "Oi Natsuno, let's get back. I've decided to give up those points." Aki said, tugging on Hinata's shirt. "Leave him here, he won't be able to respond to anything for a while," Haruka said, rolling her eyes. Hinata was currently kneeling on the floor and trembling very hard because of laughter. "Whatevs," Aki said with a shrug and left. "Just come back before the next class starts." Haruka said before she turned away and caught up to Aki.

The rest of the day, at least to Subaru, was very torturous. Nobody knew what happened to Subaru, but when he returned to the classroom, he was in a very shaken state and not responsive to any questions until the classes of the day were over. "Ah cheer up, Subaru! It's not the end of the world! You only just skipped two classes! That's no big deal! Aki and Haruka skipped at least twenty classes so far! And why do you care honestly didn't you ditch the first term completely?" Hinata said with a laugh when they were dismissed, getting his stuff back in his school bag. (Clarifying something here real quick in case you're confused. In Japan school terms go like this: first semester, April to July, second semester, September to December, third semester, January to March. Now you know. Subaru and the girl started going to school in the second semester:D) "They only skipped self-study classes though... those don't matter... and don't count my shut-in period that's different!!" Subaru mumbled, swiping everything on his table into his bag as well.