JENLISA ONE SHOT: The Fallen

A/N: this is just a one shot. Because i feel like writing one. (This is not related to the storyline of MFYLFM)

This story is dedicated sa lahat ng taong na-fall sa mga pa-fall. 👌🏻

LISA

I locked the door to my room before throwing my exhausted self onto the bed. Today's work left me with no energy as the midterms are coming up fast and I have to rush grading math workbooks of my students.

I'm supposed to be asleep by now but for some reasons, I couldn't. Of all the days within the semester, why do I have to deal with insomnia now? Its not helping my already burned out state.

I have no choice so I grabbed my phone and casually checked my Facebook feed.

*ding*

A facebook notification popped out so I clicked it open only to be washed over by nostalgia and unwanted longing for someone.

Crap, so I've forgotten to turn off notifications from her. I was doing a great job this year trying to erase her existence from my memory, pretending like we never met in college, we never became bestfriends, I never fell for her and unconsciously set myself up for heartbreak.

Today is Jennie Ruby Jane Kim's birthday! Send her a birthday message!

Really, Facebook? You're asking me to send her a message when she didn't even bother opening the birthday message I sent her last year?

Jennie Ruby Jane Kim was my best friend in college. I'm not sure if she also thought of me as her bestfriend back then but as of today, we're not even close to being such.

We were both transferees who ended up in the Department of Mathematical Science at Seoul National University. So you could basically say we're batchmates and were expectedly taking almost the same classes together.

I had to admit I was the introvert type when I was starting my university life so I barely had anyone I could call a friend. I talk with my classmates, sure, but we keep it professional and just for academic purposes.

My boring college life lasted long until one of our professors decided to make us team up for a report during our second year. It was the first time I got to talk to her after almost 2 years and I cant believe that she was this extremely nice, soft, simple, and very thoughtful person, very far from my first impression of her which is arrogant, full of herself, and narcissistic.

Jennie Ruby Jane Kim was undeniably one of the most attractive girls of our department so I was really shy and intimidated when she asked for my number so that we could communicate faster for our project. I can still remember our first phone conversation until now.

Jennie:

Hi, Lisa! This is Jennie Kim, your partner for the reporting in Differential Geometry under Mr.Yang. Just wanted to ask if we could meet tomorrow to start on our report. I mean, if you're not busy of course. :)

My fingers were slightly shaking as I typed my response.

Lisa:

Hi, Jennie! Yeah, sure, no problem! How bout tomorrow 8am at the student lounge?

Jennie:

Sounds good to me. Thanks, Lisa!

That feeling was very alien to me. I dont know if its because I've been alone for most of my first year that I found my heart fluttering when she mentions my name. Most of our classmates just call me by my last name which is Manoban. That time, I felt like I still dont want to end our conversation there. Had i known it will be like this in the future, I would've keep it professional with her and restrain myself. But there's nothing I could do about it now. I was thirsty for a friend. So I still replied,

More for You, Less for Me (JENLISA COMPLETED) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें