20 - Stormed Out

JENNIE

I scanned my surroundings and searched for a girl wearing a black cap, black hoodie, and mask. I know I'm stupid for thinking she will wear that fit again, for all I know she could be wearing a floral dress, off shoulder top, or maybe a neon Acne Studios shirt. But I'm feeling desperate, I feel like she's just within my area, so close to me  but I dont know what she looks like, all I know is I can feel her presence.

After several minutes of craning my neck, others are starting to get irritated but all I could see are shadows.

"Babe, what's wrong? You've been uneasy for awhile now." Kai asked beside me.

"Uhm, n-nothing." I decided not to tell him. I dont know why I'm keeping Gummy like a secret as if we're having an affair. Wtf Jennie. I scolded myself.

He stroked my back and made me lean into him so I obliged. I sent a short and quick reply to Gummy,

Where are you, Gummy?

But minutes have passed, and no reply came.

I tried to focus on the film in front of me. The current scene was that of the female protagonist being chased by the killer. I'm not fazed by these kinds of scenes because I always detach myself and think this is just pure fiction. I was brought back to reality when I heard a short whimper from Roseanne and so I looked over.

What I saw sent a deep cut to my chest. Lisa was hugging Roseanne and seem to be whispering comforting words to her. Roseanne has her eyes shut tight and squeezed herself more into Lisa. I looked away almost immediately. Kai must have noticed so he pulled me even closer and for some unknown reason raised my chin to make me face him and planted a kiss right to my lips.

I closed my eyes upon contact but also opened them just as quick when I saw Lisa stand up and storm out of the cinema. She brushed by our side and never even glanced at me. Roseanne was left dumbfounded while Jisoo and Irene finally seemed to snap out of their own world and noticed what's happening around them.

Kai also noticed but I saw him smirk. What's his problem?

I tried to stand up and follow Lisa but he hold me down firmly and didnt let me go. "Jen, don't."

...

...

...

I should follow Kai's request and stay with him. But I have no idea what's gotten into me, ever since Lisa didn't reply when I said me and Kai got back together and she still hasnt talked to me even when we met here at the mall, I feel like I really miss her and I cant last any longer with her ignoring me like this. It's suffocating. . how she's just right there but very distant.

I love Kai, that's for sure. But Lisa and Gummy are both messing w/ my feelings. So I pulled my hand away from Kai's grip and ran after the Thai girl.

Lis, what did I do wrong? Why are you ignoring me?

------------------------
Super short update. I wrote this while at work lol. Hope somebody is still reading this its been a long time.