5 - Sandwich

JENNIE POV

I'm staring at myself in the mirror when the phone rang.

Kai's calling. This means he's probably already outside. I once again checked my entire fit before I go downstairs. I'm wearing Chanel from my clothes down to my accessories. Yup, for today's private meeting I decided to stick with my Human Chanel nickname.

I rushed down and opened the gate to see Kai's car parked nearby. He bobbed his head outside the window and waved.

As I approach him, he got out of the car and opened the passenger's door for me.

"Morning, love." he whispered closely to my ear as he hold my hand to assist me. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek, "Morning too, love."

-----------

We arrived at the Manoban Holdings 10 minutes before the calltime. Guess we still have enough time to get to the board room.

Me and Kai entered the building hand in hand. I saw many employees running back and forth with lots of folders on their hands. Damn, this company is such a busy one. Nobody even paid attention to the IT couple of South Korea.

I dont mean to brag but I was just used to people screaming or looking stunned when they see me and Kai together ESPECIALLY when we're holding hands.

But here, nobody cared about that. They're not fazed by the presence of celebrities. Or maybe they're already used to seeing celebrities walking in and out of their company since the Manoban Holdings is quite known for getting huge celebrities as their endorsers.

Anyway, its our first time here so we dont know which floor is the board room. Its a good thing we spotted a floor directory easily in a corner.

Okay, so seems like the board room is on the 20th floor. We proceed to the nearest elevator and went up.

When we arrived in the board room, there was a man in business coat seated at a swivel chair.

"Good morning! Welcome Ms. Jennie and Mr. Kai! I'm Seunghyun Choi, assistant project director for Moon Sunset. Come, come. Have a seat please. Lets wait for our project director for a while. She'll be here in no time." the man ushered us to the long table.

"Thank you, Sir." Kai replied.

After 10 minutes of waiting, I'm starting to get bored. I was fiddling with my phone when the board room door opened and a grey-haired girl entered with her head down looking at her phone.

The man who welcomed us stood up at once. "Oh, she's here. Good morning, Miss Lisa!"

Incidentally, I was seated at the part facing the door directly so the girl was facing my direction when she looked up from her phone. She saw my face and grinned.

The girl looked at her phone again then at me. This time, though, her expression changed from grinning like a fool to a now confused look, her brows knit together.

She looked at her phone again then at me. She blinked her eyes many times and wait, did she just pinch her butt??? Lmao. She's starting to amuse me. I supressed a smile from getting out of my lips.

She definitely looked like she just saw a ghost. But.. there's no way she doesn't know she's meeting the Jennie Kim and her boyfriend right? I mean.. we are here because of her.

The girl, now looking pale ran towards the door and left.

Hmmm? What was that all about?!

I glanced at Kai and he had the same confused look. I looked at Mr. Choi and seems like he's clueless too. After several seconds, the girl entered once more but this time she looks more composed.