*Four

But first...let me take a selfie
-The Chainsmokers

My camera flashed almost blinding me in the darkness despite the camera not being in my face. I took the pictures the way Carly had leaving my face out. I liked the way my body looked as I twisted to get a better view of my cleavage and a hint of thigh in the photo.

I took one more photo before sliding my finger to the video button. I propped my phone against the wall and hit record. I backed up just enough to get my full body into the frame. I let my bra strap fall from my left shoulder while twisting my right arm behind my back to unhook it. I caught my breasts in my hands as my bra fell to the floor never letting the camera get to see them in their full glory. I kept my face out of shot as long as possible but it just wasn't giving me the same effect as my mirror. I sat back exposing my face and spreading my legs in the same motion.

I closed my eyes and tussled my hair before letting it fall over my right breast giving the camera a brief view of my nipple. I was teasing myself and enjoying it more than I ever had. I licked my thumb then used it to trace my nipples. They became erect at the touch. A soft sigh escaped my lips. I let my hand drop to my stomach, my fingertips slowly traced the length my torso before resting on my pearl from the outside of my panties.

My middle finger traced the tender area. I felt my eyes close and my breath quicken in response. I opened my eyes only then remembering the camera in front of me. I pulled my panties aside to give myself a full view. My middle finger moved from the outside of the opening back up to my pearl. In the moonlight I caught a glimpse of my finger glistening and I hadn't even explored inside of myself yet.

I had never been this turned on before. Is this the empowerment I was preaching about earlier today? I turned and landed on my hands and knees giving the camera a side view of myself. I pulled my underwear over my butt in a slow manner before letting them drop to the floor. My pale skin, normally ghastly, was prominent in contrast to the black underwear and my black hair spilling over my shoulder.

I met my own eyes in the camera one last time before forgetting about it all together. The goal itself was releasing, not to endlessly tease myself for hours on end. A felt a moan rumble from deep in my chest as I finished myself off. I sat for a moment catching my breath before grabbing my phone and cutting off the camera app.

I crawled into bed and for the first time in a while I fell into a dreamless state.

.(&).

My mother still wasn't home when I was getting ready to leave for school. I opened the pantry to grab a breakfast bar and found 20 dollars inside of the box. My mom, thankfully, never made a big deal about my birthday. However, she knows my routine like the back of her hand. This was her way of saying it without saying it.

My dad was arrested ten years ago today. It's on record to be the worst day of my life. I still don't celebrate it, not that there would be another detrimental thing to happen to top my eighth birthday.

I saw my father kill a man and that wasn't even the worst part of my day.

I sighed and closed the pantry. This is not where I need my mind wandering when I have to deal with school after a nice summer of doing everything but concentrating on a book. I locked the front door and crossed Finn's lawn to stand next to his car. I was early but I was still surprised he wasn't already outside. He's the most morning person I know.

When he finally came outside, I noticed he had tied his hair up in a bun similar to mine and I laughed to myself. "You wear ponytails now? You do that all by yourself?"

Finn gave me a small smile before unlocking the car door. "Carlylikesit." It came out as one word. One annoying word too early in the morning. I didn't respond. I had nothing nice to say.