Chapter 16- He Might Just Burn Your Hair Off

Percy POV

I wonder who figured out that you see your life flash before you die? I never really thought it could happen until I watched my own. I see all my memories.

My mom.

Gabe.

The Minotaur.

I see everything in detail. Every single death...

I see everything up to when I ran out of Olympus that day. Meeting the 'strange immortal'. Then I see memories that aren't mine.

Or not quite.

I see myself being engulfed in a painful red light. I see myself hacking away at monsters and anything in my way a malicious smile plastered on my face. I see myself no- Destroyer bowing before End. I see myself destroying people- well they look like people, only with red skin. It doesn't matter. They are like humans. They cry in pain and scream in anguish.

I stop myself from giving the final blow to a man, green blood pours from the wounds he already has. Instead I turn, to woman and her child...

The memory thankfully changes and I see something which I'm not sure is better or worse. I see myself watching Camp Half-Blood from the shadows. Just lying wait.

Then this war. All of it. Every demigod that dies. And I just laugh. Then a sword piercing my heart.

Finally everything, thankfully goes black.

Annabeth POV

I pull myself away from my mother and charge for Percy. I shove Luke and Chaos out the way, my only thoughts lie on the dead boy infront of me.

The boy who I drove away. The one who ran because of me. And because he ran he accidentally started a war. It's all my fault.

The boy who stole my heart then left. The boy who I searched desperately for. The one who I wished was part of Chaos's army.

I pull his hood back and see his eyes wide, full of fear and glassy. I close them and just rest my hand on his face.

"Annie. Don't worry. It's only the first step," Thalia says behind to me. She slowly pulls me up and I turn to face her. Big mistake. I glance behind her and see the bodies.

Soldiers and Campers cover what was once the grass. They are covered in blood and monster dust.

Thalia follows my gaze and sighs and turns me back to face Percy. I don't get how this is any better. She pulls me back as she walks back a couple steps. Chaos, Luke, Perseus and Nico step forward. Luke pulls his hood down and kneels resting a hand on Percy's forehead. Perseus puts his hand on Luke's forehead and Nico on Perseus's.

Chaos stands tall and begins to chant. I have no idea what he says though all the Soldiers seem to. They begin to cheer. I just watch confused. They cheer louder as Chaos holds a ball of black energy in his hands. He then takes the ball and presses it to Percy's body on top of the wound. He stops chanting. Nico shudders before he collapses. Followed by Perseus then Luke.

The cheering is deafening. They cheer like they are at a sporting event.

Slowly Nico rises and the other boys follow smiles on their faces. Chaos rises and the cheering gets so loud and can barely hear, before it dies completely and suddenly. A small grown is heard in the silence. Percy's eyes flutter open. The Soliders all quickly bow.

Chaos bends down and gives Percy a hand. Percy slowly sits up and takes it.

"But you killed me?" He states but, it comes out as a question. Chaos chuckles and pulls Percy to his feet. Percy stands clearly confused and disgusted at the scene infront of him. Bodies and people bowing.

Chaos waves his hand and Percy is engulfed in black light. After it dies down Percy stands in a uniform like the rest of the Elite. Though his hair his slicked back and a black circle like crown sits on his head. His white wings shine brightly and Percy pokes them before watching as the fold up disappearing.

"Soldiers! Gods! Demigods!" Chaos booms. "May I present my new Apprentice and Heir to the Universal Throne! Perseus Jackson! Or as he shall now be known as Riptide!"

Soldiers jump up and cheer louder than they had before.

"Until he is properly trained. Omega is in charge."

"Sir yes sir!" The Soliders yell. Before Chaos disappears.

3rd Person POV

"Soldiers!" Luke yells. "You know what happens next. Back to the barracks and make a list. We leave the day after tomorrow-"

"Cause two days is so hard to say," Perseus comments with an eye roll.

"Shut up Perce!"

"You better do as he says Alpha," Nico says. "He might just burn your hair off."

"That was one time! When are you going to get over it! ... Anyway... Soliders you have your orders!" The Soliders nod and get into thier lines. Many gasp sadly at the empty spaces in their ranks. Nevertheless they walk out and disappear into their cabin.

"Demigods, the same as last time. Funerals tomorrow contact parents now," Luke says sadly. The demigods slowly trudge away leaving only gods, and the Elite.

"So Percy," Luke says awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "Twice we have been enemies. Wanna try friends?" He asks holding out his hand. Percy- still confused- nods and shakes Luke's outstretched hand.

"Percy?" A voice behind to the new Apperntice says. He turns to see his father looking at him.

"Look Percy I'm very-"

"It's fine dad," Percy says cutting his father off. Poseidon grabs his son in a hug.

"Perseus?" A deep voice asks. Eyes turn to Hades who had spoken.

"Yeah?"

"Not you Alpha."

"Yes?" Percy asks.

"Something for you," Hades says before touching the ground. A crack appears and out of it to wo ghostly forms.

"Mom? Paul?" Percy asks voice cracking. Sally nods as she looks over her son.

"Five minutes," Hades says retreating. The others follow. Leaving Percy and his parents. Tears sprout in Sally's eyes as she hugs her son as tightly as her temperoralry solid body will allow.

------

Epilogue is next!

-Jaz