Chapter 8: An evening with a difference

Começar do início

Megan's tastebuds were still burning, she tried to fan her face with her hands. Where the hell was water.

Ryan's eyes scanned the table like an eagle looking for its prey and located the can of water. He picked up the can and gave it to Megan. Megan drank a full can of water and asked for more. Ryan ran to bring another bottle.

'Ryan, why did you give that thing to me. If you don't like me then tell it openly. You are playing such tricks with me?'

'No baby. There was no trick here.'

'Then what it is, a prank, you must have been planning this for long?'

'Why I would play a prank on you. I just ordered what you wanted.'

'This is certainly not what I wanted.'

'There is a mistake either by the cafe or while placing the order.'

'Deliberate mistake and that too while placing the order. That's what I was saying.'

'It could not have been deliberate. You don't know how much I love you baby,' Ryan tried to gather all his genuineness on his face.

'Realy. How much?'

Ryan brought Megan closer and placed his lips over hers, 'I love u.' Ryan understood the whole game of Chris the Cursor. I know the exact reason behind all this and I shall teach that Cursor a lesson.

'Baby, there is no reason to teach anybody a lesson. Go and say thank you it is only because of him you have accepted that you love me. And what's the problem with you men. You cannot concentrate on one thing you are doing. Thanks, Chris. I know. You are the one who ordered spicy curry.'

'We are working on so many things at the same time. But baby now it's time so let's go,' This was Megan, a weather scientist, her mind changed like the weather.

'What's the problem with you men? You cannot concentrate on one thing you are doing?'

Ryan was rushing out of the restaurant. His right foot struck the table and the bowl fell on the floor. Its contents spilled over and ... big splash. The green curry flew into the mouth of the big black muscular man sitting on the next table. His face became covered with the green curry. He turned back to see who did it. Ryan was still standing there almost frozen. Ryan slouched and his face gave an expression as if he was unaware of everything. Megan expressed sorry and asked him to go. Ryan also made a hand gesture to say sorry to the black man.

The black man lifted his sausages and threw it towards Ryan. Ryan ducked it. The sausages traveled on the parabolic trajectory before reaching the mouth of the brown labrador who was waiting for it with an open mouth. Megan said she cannot take it. Megan jumped ahead to the counter where prepared food was kept, took a cake and threw it toward the black man.

The black man by then had moved sideways to wash his face but the cake landed on the face of another fat lady who was waiting for her order to be served. She said she never expected her order to be served with this speed. She shouted at Megan to stop it but now she has been drawn into the game. The lady picked up another bowl and threw it toward Ryan. Ryan was caught unaware and his coat was fully drenched in soup.

Ryan was not going out before replying to this nonsense. He took another cake from the counter and threw it towards that fat lady. The dog jumped and caught it mid air. Everyone clapped except people on the table where the labrador landed. There was an Indian couple sitting at the table. The girl was fighting with the boy asking him why he forgot the most important day of their lives. The labrador left the cake on the table and fast climbed down. Oh baby I know you will never forget the anniversary. The boy thanked the dog and Ryan.

The big man had now thrown a plate towards Ryan but Chritina deflected it using her saucer.

Within a few minutes the whole place was turned into a battleground of cutlery and food items as ammunition.

Police siren......

Everyone stopped as and where they were including labrador.

******

Ryan was driving the car while Megan was sitting next to him. Megan started playing with the car's TV monitor to check if there is anything new. 'These days all the soaps are rubbish. Same old stories are running again and again,' these were confessions of a self-proclaimed expert of soap operas called Megan, 'a lot of them are remakes of old classics.'

'Nothing like Classics Megan, huh. They have no content, every story has the same old villain, a protagonist who acts a fool in the beginning and smarter later.'

'Hehe, but our story is different.'

While Megan and Ryan conversed, there was a news flash about certain anomalies in the patterns of Aurora only in the near the poles on the car monitor.

Megan listened to the news broadcast not believing what the newsreader said.

'Ryan did you listen to what the news was about?'

==============================