"What?" Mark answered,"what did you call me? "

"Mr faints-a-lot " Sugar replied and said best friend burst out laughing.

"You're funny. I'm Richard. The best friend. You're the girl that helped him when he fainted, yes?"
Sugar only just noticed. This Richard's voice was deep. Really deep and smooth. Like velvet"

"Yes. My name is Sugar" she said

"Cool name" Richard replied.

Ah. Sugar hummed. She liked him better than Mark already. He didn't laugh at her name.

"So why are you going to the hospital?" Richard asked leaning forward and lacing his fingers on the kitchen counter top.

Sugar saw the black band on his ring finger
"You're married?" she asked happy that she was able to steer the conversation away from her leg and impending visit to the hospital .
Mark must have sensed her discomfort. Or not.
She could never tell with Mark. He could be aloof sometime but Sugar felt like that was sometimes a front. He didn't say anything to Richard. So he must understand that her business was her business.

"Barely" Mark said in response to her questions instead.

"Shut up Mark" Richard chided, "Don't listen to him. He's stupid. I'm married, happily married." Richard said

Sugar found it hard to believe that he was happy to be married. A guy like him looked like he'd play the single game for a long time and if he'd ever settle down it'd be because he was roped into it.

Mark snorted at him comment, "His wife threw him out. He's been crying for days"

"Mark! " Richard yelled smacking him again.

"Stop hitting me. I'm telling the truth"

"Stop sharing my business... " Richard began

"Well...  She's a girl. What if she can help you get Rahmat to forgive you. "

Richard looked at him for a minute, like he was considering the option.
Then he turned to Sugar and said, "A girl offered to take me out. To say thank you, I went and..."

"She found out about it?" Sugar completed

"She had a miscarriage" Richard said

"she was pregnant?! " sugar asked stunned

"You forgot the part where you turned off your phone and ignored your wife for the whole evening"

"What?!" Sugar asked again

"Yes" Mark said again

"And you want me to tell you what to do." sugar asked

Mark and Richard nodded.

"Well fudge!" Sugar exclaimed.

"What?" Mark asked

"I don't know"

"You're a girl"

"I'm not your wife."

"But don't all girls think alike?"

Sugar sighed. "Okay...  You made her feel like she couldn't count on you. And she lost a child. Even if you were probably not the reason for the miscarriage. She'd probably blames you for it. No matter what you say, you would never feel what she felt lying on the ground bleeding out, trying to call her husband. The person that had promised to be there for here everyday for the rest of his life.
So let her be angry. She deserves to be angry. But stay there. If you really want your wife back wait for her. It's going to be so hard...but you did a stupid thing. And you have to convince her to believe in you again.

I bet you she felt like she was living with a stranger. Someone she didn't know at all. That's why she kicked you out. Because she knew a version of you and you went and did this fucked up thing that just rendered that version of you that was in her head completely invalid. So she needs to be introduced to you again, to know you again, to trust you again. You have to find a way to do that. Don't ask me how. I don't know" Sugar finished shrugging

"Wow. That was very deep." Mark sighed.

"And this girl, the one you... " Sugar trailed off.

"We don't talk anymore. I blocked her." Richard said quietly

"Give her number to your wife. Let her decide if she wants to talk to her or whatever" Sugar added.

"Why? " Richard asked quietly. He seemed a little bit more tense. Sad. Not as playful as he did before.

"You're trying to get her trust back you dimwit...  You have to prove there's nothing going on between you and the stupid girl" Mark said

"Exactly" Sugar concurred

"The girl is she stupid ni?" Mark asked
"Who decides to pursue after a married man? And you for that matter? Don't you wear your ring everywhere? "

"I do.. " Richard said quietly, "I don't think she was pursuing... "

"Oh Richard a girl sees you with a wedding ring and still want to take you out. Have some sense" Mark said
"Okay...  Let's go to the hospital Sugar"

"Thank you for your help Sugar" Richard murmured picking up his phone.